This position is a critical piece of the Development team at Bioneers. We require a candidate who has at least 3 years administrative support experience and while a background in fundraising is preferred, it is not required. The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire and drive to learn on an ongoing basis; self-starters with lots of initiative are preferred. Most importantly, the ideal candidate will provide support and stability to the department in the absence of other team members, due to travel related to donor cultivation.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Gain a strong understanding of the foundations of fundraising at Bioneers (learn the "why" of what we do and not just the "how") and the ways in which we cultivate long-term relationships with our current donors and forge new relationships with potential donors
- Gift tracking through Raiser's Edge, to include data entry and learning best practices for tracking gifts in an effort to most effectively raise funds from donors throughout the year
- Maintain and help grow the Recurring Donor program (maintain donor records, monthly charges, follow up on declines and renewals)
- Donor gift acknowledgment, to include paper letters, emails and phone calls
- Support Development planning and logistics for Bioneers' annual conference, house parties and other special events
- Assist with Foundation and Major Donor research, proposal and report writing
- Attend local tabling and networking events as a representative of Bioneers
- Attend inter-departmental meetings as needed
- General administrative duties that support the Development Department and overall office
Experience and skills:
- Minimum 3 years experience in administrative support position (required, without exception)
- Fundraising experience (strongly preferred)
- Excellent computer and internet research skills (including strong familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite)
- Experience working with databases required (Raiser's Edge experience is preferred)
- Strong experience and skills working in Excel required
- Web-based Content Management System, email marketing and MAC proficiency preferred
- Great writing skills a plus
- Being a self-starter is an absolute must for this position, with a strong desire and will to continue learning and improving
- Detail-oriented, organized, able to anticipate next steps and able to multi-task
- Excellent phone manner and customer service skills
- No hesitation in picking up the phone to speak with donors and prospects is required
- Creative, flexible, open-minded, and excited about fundraising for environmental and social justice
- Only seeking serious candidates sincerely interested in fundraising to support meaningful change work in the non-profit world
- Sense of humor a definite must!
How to apply
Send your cover letter, resume, salary history and writing sample to:
Attn: Shannon Laliberte Parks
Email: slaliberte [at] bioneers.org
Please, no calls concerning this position.
Bioneers honors the diversity of life and acknowledges the fundamental collective heritage we all share in protecting people and the planet. Therefore we provide all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities.
Shannon Laliberte Parks