TITLE: Development Assistant
WAGE CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Development Operations
LOCATION: Washington, DC
ABOUT AMERICAN RIVERS
American Rivers is the leading organization working to protect and restore the nation's rivers and streams. Rivers connect us to each other, nature, and future generations. Since 1973, American Rivers has fought to preserve these connections, helping protect and restore more than 150,000 miles of rivers through advocacy efforts, on-the-ground projects, and the annual release of America's Most Endangered Riversâ„¢. Headquartered in Washington, DC, American Rivers has offices across the country and more than 100,000 supporters, members, and volunteers nationwide. American Rivers maintains a positive work environment with a culture of learning, support and balance. For more information please visit www.americanrivers.org.
American Rivers seeks a Development Assistant to support the Development Department and the Regional development team. The Assistant will help the Development Department in efforts to raise the necessary funds to develop, implement, promote, and advocate policies and practices that protect and restore healthy rivers and the communities that depend upon them. The position will report to the Vice President of Development Operations.
- Provide administrative and clerical support for the Regional Major Gifts team and other members of the development team as needed, including preparation for travel, management of paperwork, and management of internal and external communications
- Send Donor acknowledgement letters and manage the Gift Transmittal process
- Complete registrations and the administrative duties required for participation in the EarthShare workplace giving campaign
- Compose and prepare time-sensitive correspondence, reports and proposals as needed.
- Attend and/or coordinate appropriate staff to represent American Rivers at EarthShare Events
- Assist with special projects
- Bachelor's degree and at least three years of development experience
- Ability to work collaboratively in promoting the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Ability to work effectively with a range of personalities and working styles, and with people at all levels of the organization, including staff, board, foundation officers, and donors.
- Experience using Windows software, including Word and Excel, and donor database programs.
- Prefer candidate with some knowledge of and interest in conservation issues.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full-time employee benefits include dental, health, and life insurance, retirement plan, and generous leave time.
How to apply
Applications will be considered immediately. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with "Development Assistant Position" in the subject line or to American Rivers, Attn: Development Assistant Position, 1101 14th Street, NW, Suite 1400, Washington, DC 20005. No phone calls please.
American Rivers is an Equal Opportunity Employer