The Development Assistant is responsible for administering the Conservancy's gift acknowledgement, stewardship, membership fulfillment process and providing special events support. She/He will generate acknowledgement letters from weekly gift reports, manage an annual stewardship calendar, and provide event assistance to the Sr. Events Manager and Membership and Support Group Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates in a timely manner, weekly donor acknowledgment process meeting the organization's strict timelines. Tracks acknowledgement letter approval/signature process, prepares letters for CEO's handwritten or digital signature, mails letters, and records acknowledgment in donor database and soft files. Generates special needs acknowledgements, post event notes and other related acknowledgement activities.
- Working with CEO, CDCO and Development staff, responsible for implementation of annual stewardship calendar with a variety of activities and records activities/contacts in donor database.
- Coordinates monthly membership fulfillment and renewal process. Reports monthly the member fulfillment list, prints letters (enclosed card or member premium). Exports mailing list for mailed and online renewal reminders Provides member lists to Volunteer Services staff and Membership & Support Group Manager.
- Track and organize inventory of member premiums/ promotional items, mailing supplies, materials.
- Assist staff in recruiting new members through a variety of sources. Manage lists, tracking spreadsheet and data entry as needed to manage recruitment activities (calls, emails, letters).
- Organize, coordinate and maintain the integrity of hard and soft filing system.
- Maintain email addresses (database) for membership, events, stewardship and related development/communications use.
- Respond to phone or email queries related to donations/ payments, ticket purchases, event information, refunds, and membership benefits, always providing excellent customer service.
- Provide support for member/support group events.
- Provides event planning and execution support to the Sr. Events Manager for Ball, Wild Side Art and other major events throughout the year. Regularly updates managers and staff of event, attendance status.
- Manages invite and RSVP lists, coordinates large mailings, regularly updates Sr. Event Mgr and staff, updates donor records.
- Assists Sr. Event Manager with event related auctions, catering, facilities, permits, décor, and staging.
- Provides onsite support for event (Catalina) set-up and knock-down under direction of Sr. Events Manager.
- Accepts other duties and assignments as required.
- Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry.
- Proficient experience with Sage or similar relational database
- Proficient experience using Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Constant Contact, Virtual Merchant, Greater Giving, and auction management software.
- Ability to successfully and accurately mail merge, import data, and export data.
- Demonstrated competence in working with donors and volunteers.
- Event planning and management experience
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines. Understands timelines and project management tools.
- Excellent problem-solving, planning and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand and follow directions and complex accounting policies and development procedures.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Strong and effective oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent ability to interface seamlessly with a variety of contacts including staff, donors, volunteers and members through various forms of communication (phone, email, etc).
- Ability to take responsibility, to work well as a team member and to work independently.
- Maintain confidentiality of all donor records and other sensitive information.
- Preferred Bachelor's of Business Administration/Bachelor's of Science degree, with 3-5 years of development office administration, gift processing, event planning and management and/or related experience.
- Drivers License
WORK ENVIRONMENT/ PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Employee must be able to travel to Catalina Island as needed, periodic overnight stays
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions for this job: Development Assistant. Work location is at Conservancy Offices, Long Beach, CA; the location has moderate noise levels and is a non-smoking environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: the authority of the job duties are performed in an office environment; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work evenings and weekends if necessary on events.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please be sure to put the job title in the subject line.
330 Golden Shore Suite 170, Long Beach, CA, 90802, US