Gateways Community Services is seeking to add to a dynamic team of professionals in Consumer Directed Services. We are seeking a full-time, 40 hours per week CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT to serve in a customer service capacity to consumers, guardians and/or their families that we serve.
Consumer Directed Services gives individuals and families the opportunity to develop and manage their program of services. Every family can choose the support services and people that meet the needs of their family member with disabilities, respecting the family’s values, needs and priorities.
In this role, a Customer Service Agent will provide guidance and direction for the Consumer Directed Services by participating in the consumer directed planning process; assist participants to develop the service agreement and allocated budgets; and support consumer, guardian and/or families in finding resources.
Marketing and Outreach
– Explain roles and responsibilities to families, councils and audiences interested in learning about consumer direction
– Enroll Participant
– Support consumer, guardian and/or families in finding resources and negotiating rates (Educate individuals, their family regarding, community options, Medicaid, Social Security, vendors, etc)
– Coordinate resources to provide participants training as needed in areas such as: developing, monitoring and spending their allocated budget on goods, services and co-employment
– Explain option additional service pricing for needs which exceed basic level
– Assist customers with being a co-employer including initial application, request to hire and job description as well as providing resources for recruitment
– Assist Participant to develop co-employee job description to meet the allocated budget
– Collaborate with HR staff to verify that all employees have completed required documentation prior to provision of services
– Ongoing Support
– Assist participants in making changes to Service Agreement, line item spending within the allocated budget
– Work with participants to monitor and review his/her budget on a monthly basis
– Process participant’s request for home modifications and assistive technology
– Work with Consumer Directed Claims Representative to facilitate reimbursements and payroll
– Demonstrate timeliness in consumer and families inquiries by responding to all inquires within 24 hours via phone, email, correspondence or in-person
Experience working with families and/or children in an educational, health care, or social service capacity strongly desired. Candidate must possess strong independent work skills, direct experience in planning and facilitating groups, along with demonstrated time management and PC skills. Must have reliable transportation, valid drivers’ license and applicable vehicle insurance for business travel.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field.