The Maritime Aquarium
Position Title: Curriculum Specialist Consultant ; Independent Contractor
Reports To: Director of Education
Compensation: $35,000 ; two year contract
The Curriculum Specialist Consultant, an Independent Contractor, will work with full-time managers in The Maritime Aquarium's Education Department over a two-year period to revise current education programs and develop new education programming.
• Advanced degree in related discipline, or a combination of education and experience;
• Elementary-level teaching experience;
• Experience with elementary-level STEM curriculum development;
• Experience developing education programming that formally incorporates the inquiry methodology;
• Experience with curriculum evaluation;
• Proven ability to manage projects, including facilitating team project work, establishing project timelines, and working with teams to meet deadlines.
• Formal background and/or degree in a STEM discipline;
• Experience with curriculum development in formal and informal settings;
• Middle and/or high school teaching experience;
• Middle and/or high school STEM curriculum development experience;
• Experience developing and implementing STEM-based teacher professional development programming;
• Prior experience leading curriculum development teams.
• Ideal candidate will be based within easy commuting distance from Norwalk, CT.
Interested candidates should also provide a resume/CV, cover letter, and relevant samples of work (or links to samples of work) to: firstname.lastname@example.org /Rlombardi, The Maritime Aquarium, 10 N. Water Street, S. Norwalk, CT 06854/ fax: 203-838-5416.
This position is open until filled. Initial application reviews will begin on April 30