JOB TITLE: Curriculum and Evaluation Manager
PROGRAM: Promise Neighborhood
STATUS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Promise Neighborhood Director
HISTORY and MISSION
YPl transforms Los Angeles neighborhoods using a holistic approach to reduce poverty by ensuring families have access to high quality schools, wrap-around education and technology services, enabling a successful transition from cradle to college and career. The Los Angeles Promise Neighborhood will transform the communities of Hollywood and Pacoima with a continuum of cradle-to-career services and will be a zone of choice for families with a wide range of high-quality school options including traditional, charter, pilot and partnership schools. The centerpiece of the Los Angeles Promise Neighborhood (LAPN) is an innovative public-private partnership that blends diverse funding streams around a core set of outcomes and objectives. The LAPN is transforming 19 neighborhood schools into full-service community schools while opening six Promise Neighborhood Centers and dozens of satellite centers.
The Youth Policy Institute is currently seeking two Curriculum and Evaluation Managers for its Los Angles Promise Neighborhood program. To develop curricula and assessments, one manager specialized in grades K-5, one manager specialized in grades 6-8 and another to specialized in grades 9-12. The Los Angeles Promise Neighborhood will transform the communities of Hollywood and Pacoima with a continuum of cradle-to-college-and-career services, and will be a zone of choice for families with a wide range of high-quality school options including traditional, charter, pilot and partnership schools.
Both Curriculum and Evaluation Managers will work together to manage and deliver high quality services to approximately 19 school sites in Hollywood and Pacoima. In addition, each specialist will be responsible to develop and selection of the program curriculum and assessments. Managers will lead ongoing training aligned to program needs.
- Oversee the implementation of high quality tutoring at approximately 5-10 sites
- Coordinate academic tutoring services at each site
- Support in the management of the academic tutors
- Ensure that students complete all academic assessments
- Support with all academic grant requirements for assigned school sites including the collection, analysis and reporting of data
- Conduct informal and formal observations of tutoring sessions to ensure their effectiveness and identify needs
- Partner with school staff (administrators, teachers, etc.) to develop and implement tutoring curricula
Curriculum and Training
- Responsible for the development and selection of curriculum to be used by the program that is aligned to school site academic requirements and/or Common Core
- Development of training for school staff and program academic tutors to prepare them to provide high quality tutoring services
- Lesson planning support for all grade levels assigned
- Development and selection of program assessments that measure academic and attitudinal progress
- Provide follow up training to school sites and/or individuals as needed
- Development of grade specific tutoring strategies and tools
- Align lesson plan, assessments and overall tutoring instruction to Common Core
- Bachelor’s minimum, Master’s preferred
- California Teaching Credential; Multiple Subject preferred
- Teaching experience is a plus
- CLAD/BCLAD highly encouraged
- Familiar with CA state standards in particular must possess a good understanding of Common Core
- 3-5 years of curriculum development experience
- Experience and a strong track record of assisting students in an academic environment specifically in math and language arts
- Bilingual Spanish/English is a huge plus.
- Experience working with ELL students
- 3-5 years of designing and implementing lesson plans in math and language arts
- 3-5 years of developing and delivering high quality training for small and large groups in
- Experience developing academic and attitudinal assessments
- Experience collecting, synthesizing and report academic data
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and work in a fast pace environment; available to work weekends when needed
- Must be deadline oriented with the ability to multitask and handle various projects and responsibilities
- Ability to work with varied populations, such as school administrators, teachers and students
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment.
- Must present proof of negative Tuberculosis skin test (Mantoux) prior to beginning employment dated within 60 days.
- Access to reliable transportation to transport training materials to various sites. If applicable, will be required to provide current driver’s license, proof of acceptable driving record (current H-6 DMV printout), and proof of liability auto insurance
Salary ranges from $50,000 to $60, 000 depending on experience and relevant education
Monday through Friday especially during and after school hours; some weekend work is required
How to apply
Apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit2/?id=7144141&t=1
YPI is an equal opportunity employer.
634 South Spring Street, 10th floor, Los Angeles, CA, 90014, US