D Acres Culinary & Hospitality Specialist
The Culinary & Hospitality Specialist at D Acres takes responsibility for the overall running of the kitchen,
food preparation, overnight accommodations, and related activities including support for the guests, regularly
scheduled events, and special events, classes and meetings held on D Acres property. This person will be
expected to understand the use of organically produced whole ingredients including herbs, vegetables, meats,
etc. and will actively pursue new ideas and innovation in the use seasonally and locally sourced food.
We are looking for to someone that is willing to learn and accept new challenges. This person must have good
listening skills, be open to new ideas and be comfortable in a team environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
While the candidate does not need to be a farmer/gardener, she/he will excel with a more than basic knowledge
of seasonal vegetable production.
Food & hospitality industry experience is a must.
âž¢ Maintain commercial kitchen space, including: utensils and equipment (industrial mixer, convection oven,
small electrical appliances, sinks, pots and pans)
âž¢ Yearly renewal of commercial kitchen license, Ensure Food Safety and Protocol
âž¢ Menu Design, Recipe and Cookbook development
âž¢ Maintain and stock Pantry and Root Cellar
– weekly restocking of pantry items
– maintain cleanliness and orderliness in Pantry and Root Cellar space
âž¢ Cooking Responsibilities
– All Food Events (Potluck, Pizza Night, Farm Feast Breakfast, Annual Dinner Celebration and other
special events that may arise)
– Coordinate prep and day of checklists for events; coordinate volunteers tasks
– Delegate cooking responsibilities to others when necessary
âž¢ Be familiar with and make use of Cob Oven, Solar Cookers, and Wood Cook Stovesbe available to teach
and encourage others to utilize these alternative cooking methods
âž¢ Food Preservation: canning, fermentation, drying, freezing
âž¢ Bread baking, and/or oversee others in bread baking
– being aware of available leftovers and food for residents to prepare weekly meals
– be available to give advice and point others to resources on what and how to prepare a meal, especially
to those with little cooking experience for groups larger than four.
âž¢ Workshops: teach/host food-related workshops e. g. Winemaking, Harvest/ Preservation, Root Cellaring,
Sauerkraut/Fermentation, Cooking with the Seasons monthly workshop
– Maintain the reservation system for bookings and meals
– Supervise and implement meals for guests
– Optimize online booking services
– Ensure there are no double-bookings
– Supervision and implementation of room cleanliness and maintenance
– Lead, carry out and support volunteers, residents and staff with basic housekeeping duties
– Look for opportunities to increase bookings, especially in the off seasons with focus on diversification and
four season clientele
âž¢ General cooking and cleaning duties
âž¢ Staff, Garden, Community Meeting, and any other Special Meetings throughout the week
âž¢ Budgets and track costs
âž¢ Monthly Food club order: Place orders, communicate with members, inventory, accounts
To apply for this position contact D Acres (email@example.com) with a letter of
interest, contact information, resume or CV if available
Please anticipate a confirmation within 5 days. If for some reason you do not get a response
contact us by telephone.