What is Crisis Text Line (CTL)?
Millions of teens are quietly suffering every day. They struggle with bullying, homophobia, suicidal thoughts and more. The solution is beautifully simple. We provide crisis intervention services to teens via a medium they already use and trust: text. We use insights from our work to develop and share innovations in prevention, treatment, and long-term care.
CTL is a not-for-profit tech start-up, born from the rib of DoSomething.org. We manage a network of crisis centers, whose experienced specialists answer the texts that we receive from teens.
We’re looking for a Program Director who is dedicated to ensuring that all of the teens we serve receive the support they need. The role is ideally suited for someone who has deep experience in social work and is excited to discover and expand innovations in the youth mental health field.
- Grow CTL’s network of specialists by recruiting, selecting, and onboarding new crisis centers and launching new initiatives that support scale (e.g., remote volunteer program).
- Support crisis centers and specialists to ensure they achieve their goals, follow all CTL’s policies and procedures, and monitor and improve quality of care. Facilitate ongoing communications, including regular emails, conference calls, and in-person meetings / conferences.
- Develop training and support materials (best practice resources, referrals, etc.) by working with experts within and outside of our network to ensure specialists have the knowledge and skills they need to operate effectively and efficiently and using CTL’s data-driven insights.
As CTL grows, the Program Director will manage the growing internal Program team.
- Master’s level degree in Counseling, Counseling Psychology, Public Health or Social Work
- 5-8 years of professional experience, including management of direct reports
- Experience working a hotline either as a staff member or volunteer (Note: please include in your resume what crisis center you’ve worked with and their accreditation)
- Independent and proactive. You don’t need to be asked. You see something that needs doing and you do it
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and efficient in planning and executing a number of diverse tasks
- Quick and voracious learner
- Flexible and able to adapt when things change quickly
- Professional, confident and mature; must be able to effectively work with senior staff from other organizations
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs
How to apply
Email your application to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Director Application” and your resume attached. Answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- Why do you want to join Crisis Text Line?
- Why do you want to join a start-up?
- What has been your experience working at a crisis center or other hotline?