Crisis Intervention Specialist
REPORTING TO: Director of Child Care**
RELATED EXPERIENCE Demonstrated ability to collaborate with client and teams that are culturally and professionally diverse.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
OBJECTIVE: The Crisis Intervention Worker creates a safe and secure environment that provides for the physical and emotional needs of youth in our care. Adequate supervision and knowledge of the whereabouts of all youth in Safe Spaces and in your direct care during crisis is paramount. The Crisis Intervention Worker is an integral member of the Westchester Campus and as such their interventions must be therapeutic and reflect a clinical understanding of the youth.
- Utilize Sanctuary and TCI tenets to provide for the emotional, mental and physical safety of residents of Edenwald Centers as well as a specific group of children assigned to the Safe Spaces Program.
- Responsible for communicating and assisting the Administrator on Duty with crisis response for the Edenwald Center and if necessary, the Westchester campus.
- Ensure that the youth in Safe Spaces Program are adequately clothed, fed and that the environment in which they stay is kept clean and orderly in accordance with agency and OCFS standards.
- Responsible for providing stimulating, enjoyable and socially constructive leisure time activities for children in the Safe Space Program.
- Ensure Safe Space logs completed for each resident utilizing program.
- Complete CARE Incident Reports.
- Establish relationships with both milieu and clinical teams that manage individual and group behavior so it is not disruptive or destructive.
- Participate in and assist in Facilitation of Groups for youth in Safe Space Program.
- Participate in Crisis Deconstruction De-Briefings
- Provide Back-Up coverage for Administrator on Duty when necessary
- Perform a turnaround with each oncoming shift verbally, including the Awake Night Counselor.
- Provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere for youth, staff, parents, families and volunteers.
OTHER TASK AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Drive agency vehicle for purposes of transporting children to and from various areas on and off the campus.
- Escort and supervise youth during campus transition times.
- Monitor on campus recreational activities provided for the youth.
- Assist Edenwald School with crisis situations that might occur during the school day.
High School Diploma
AA or BA with experience preferred
Computer Literacy (specifically in all Microsoft Programs).
Team Player with Solid Planning, Organization and follow-up
Skills. Excellent communication. interpersonal and
Writing skills. Pays close attention to detail and have flexibility.
Bilingual/ Spanish preferred.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must pass Therapeutic Crisis Intervention training.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License.
How to apply
To apply, please e-mail resume to:
Please indicate ” (Crisis Intervention Specialist -Overnight)” in the subject line.
Visit us at:www.jccany.org