Aspire Global Health is seeking a Country Director to spearhead our on-the-ground efforts in the domain of health care quality and access. The Country Director will help our non-profit to build relationships with hospitals to improve their quality of care and with patients in need of tertiary level care including surgery and other interventional procedures. The FOM will be responsible for being an individual contributor as well as managing a budget and recruiting/managing a small local team.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with previous international development experience who wants to build a general management skill set and be a part of an entrepreneurial effort. We are seeking an individual with a background in business or an interest in developing a business skill set as the position will require an element of sales and marketing to both hospitals and patients.
The opportunity is a three to six month contracted position that may turn into a permanent position depending on mutual interest in continuing the relationship and success of the company. Extensive travel will be required.
The Country Director position is essential to carrying out our mission of providing high quality healthcare services. Duties vary widely and change constantly based on environmental conditions and factors, but in general include the following:
- Organize, manage, and supervise all on site company activities in Latin America.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with healthcare facilities and local NGOs.
- Prepare a detailed monthly budget.
- Prepare weekly reports of ongoing activities.
- Assist in the development of company policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of sales and marketing activities.
- Represent company to the local ministry of health, community groups and other institutions.
- Supervise all patient care activities and liaise with clinical leaders. A clinical background is not required for this position, but an appetite for gaining clinical awareness is!
- Minimum educational requirement: Bachelor degree
- Minimum two years international experience and strong intercultural communication and facilitation skills, experience working in Latin America is required
- Prior Peace Corps experience strongly preferred
- English proficiency – strong reading/writing skills required
- Community outreach and organizational leadership experience
- Best mix of personality (we're a small fun-loving bunch!) and skill set
- Entrepreneurial mindset, desire to be part of a startup company with strong social impact principles
- Basic knowledge of public health issues affecting developing populations
- Strong quantitative aptitude
- Strong sense of focus and attention to detail
- Interest in global health programs, research, evidence based medicine.
- Desire and ability to recruit and manage a multi-cultural team in a resource poor setting
- Ability to build and maintain strong partnerships with organizations at various levels
- Genuine sense of concern for patients and people in general
- Dedicated to improving healthcare in Latin America
- Position will require that you reside in Latin America if you do not already
- A sense of humor is always an asset; pink elephants do exist and not just in our heads!
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills, be a self-motivator, be adaptable and flexible, and desire the opportunity to work and thrive in a fun, fast-paced, energetic, highly creative environment.
Benefits and position details:
- Location: Latin America (you will help us figure out which countries)
- Contract Start Date: We'll pick a date in mid to late February. It will be fun.
- Contract Length: 3-6 month contract with the goal of making this a longer term opportunity
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience, ranges from $600 - $800 per month
- To apply for this position, please send a resume and your current contact information to Lisa Foster at email@example.com. Interviews will be offered on a rolling basis until the ideal candidate is selected.
1518 Walnut St., #1504, Philadelphia, PA, 19102, US