Job number: 1300574
Corporate Responsibility Engagement Administrator
Company: 1975 EMD Millipore US
Location: United States
Achieving better outcomes is the driving force behind our commitment to sustainability. From the life cycle assessment of our products to the focus on energy saving initiatives to empowering our employees to give back to the communities in which we work and live, creating value in a responsible way is what we aim to achieve. EMD Millipore strives to advance environmental and social responsibility throughout our products, operations and people. In doing so, we create innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers, minimizing impacts from our operations, upholding an ethical, fair, healthy, motivated workplace culture and provide lasting benefits for the community. As a leading supplier to the global life sciences industry, with more than 60,000 products, tools and technologies enabling the research, production and development of novel therapies, creating value responsibly is what our customers can expect from EMD Millipore.
In support of EMD Millipore's Corporate Responsibility (CR) strategy, the CR team is hiring an Engagement Coordinator to support its strategic goal for engaging and mobilizing employees to support a motivated workplace culture and sense of responsibility to society. This position is ideal for a strong leader who will work cross-functionally to implement the division's strategy for employee engagement program development and management, and communications. This person will interface with all levels of the organization, primarily with Communications, HR, Creative/Marketing Services, as well as leading a global network of site-based teams to locally implement key initiatives. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for maintaining key metrics and analyzing and reporting data on engagement efforts, as well as keeping a pulse on industry trends and best practices in sustainability employee engagement. He/she will plan, prepare, and oversee communications content for both internal and external audiences in a variety of formats including web and e-mail, design and print, and video.
- Leadership - ability to lead cross-functionally.
- Facilitation - ability to work with several organizations with differing needs and develop an agreed upon solution.
- Influence/Motivation - ability to obtain buy-in and drive consensus building among site management and local teams, and other functional groups.
- Partnership/Teamwork - ability to work well with a variety of people and be flexible to take on different roles/responsibilities as things change.
- Technical ; analytical skills to measure program success; Microsoft Office proficiency; design software skills a plus.
- Structured problem solving - ability to take a complex problem and break it down into components.
Key job tasks, projects, etc.:
- Manage U.S. Sustainable Incentives and expand program to other geographies.
- In coordination with HR, develop and roll out rewards and recognition program and promote wellness programs.
- Manage MM NOW intranet site. Create and update content, write articles, and post announcements.
- Manage and update external Responsibility website, and coordinate connection with Merck CR site.
- Maintain and answer inquiries to sustainability e-mail inbox.
- Coordinate annual awareness campaigns, activities and events for at minimum Earth Month, Energy Month, and World Water Week.
- Develop and maintain online and in-person sustainability training and orientation content for employees.
- Develop and manage global volunteer programs.
- Liaise with NGO partners to offer employee programs.
- Develop and maintain global network of site teams to support local implementation of key initiatives and establish avenues for employees to engage on sustainability. Support employee-driven initiatives and formalize those with high potential to advance the CR strategy.
- Coordinate with facilities and EHS teams to communicate and promote recycling, and good waste management practices in office, cafeteria and other facilities.
- Support impact assessments for community projects.
- Presentation and communication on program status to internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent MM and CR strategy at strategic events and conferences, and support other CR team presentations.
- BA Degree in Communications/PR, Marketing, Environmental Management, CSR, Sustainability or related field.
- Must have 2-4 years experience in communications, project management, communication campaigns or similar responsibilities.
- Knowledge of sustainability terms and definitions, best practices for internal and external communication such as familiarity with FTC guidelines, and sustainability reporting trends.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities across different levels and functions of the organization.
- Knowledge of key sustainability issues such as climate change, water resources, ethics.
- Ability to convey technical information and concepts to general and diverse audiences using a variety of engagement tactics.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are a must.
- Ability to pull relevant information from engineering, standards bodies, industry standards, and other technical resources to drive change.