Manage the Conservation Office for the purpose of providing staff support to the Conservation Commission in performing their responsibilities, implementing the Wetlands By-Laws and any other statutes whether Federal, State or Local that are applicable to controlling the use of land involved in wetland resources. Enforce Wetland Environmental Laws and act as liaison with applicable Town departments to promote coordinated and efficient project processing.
The position reports to the Conservation Commission under the administrative guidance of the Executive Director of Public Works.
- Oversee and direct administrative and technical work related to the interpretation and enforcement of the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and Framingham Wetlands bylaw.
- Assist with Conservation Commission land acquisition and administration programs.
- Review all applications as to technical, administrative or procedural content filed with the Conservation Commission.
- Conducts pre-hearing site inspections and meetings to communicate with applicants.
- Manage Conservation Land owned by the Town under the jurisdiction of the Commissioners.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Conservation Commission and supervise Conservation Office staff.
- Schedule, administer and participate in Public Hearings and Public and general meetings.
- Required to be available for night meetings and occasional early morning or weekend inspections.
Qualifications and Entrance Requirements:
Requires a Bachelor's degree or theoretical knowledge normally learned through this level of education and a minimum of 5 years previous job-related experience is required.
Communication skills and problem solving skills are essential.
- Job ID
- Full Time Positions
- $53,417 - 57,820 Annually Monday - Friday 8:30 am- 5:00 pm Evening Meetings
- Dec 13, 2012
- Open Until Filled