The Brookline Community Mental Health Center, a nationally recognized center in Brookline, seeks full time Health Outreach Worker/Case Manager for the Healthy Lives Program. This is an innovative project to improve health outcomes for adults with complex and chronic medical and mental health disorders. The program is comprised of an integrated team of Nurses and Case Managers, overseen by the Brookline Center's Clinical Director. The program, currently serving 75 clients in the Brookline and Boston area, will be expanding its services. The program reaches out to individuals in their homes, providing therapeutically-informed care coordination, education, and support. The goal is to increase access, decrease avoidable hospitalizations, and improve patients' wellness and capacity for self-care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Health outreach, home visiting and accompanying patients to medical appointments.
- Care coordination /case management, including identifying and connecting clients with services and resources
- Health and wellness education, individual counseling, and co-leading support groups
- Participation in program evaluation, including individual and programmatic review, participation in case consultations, and active involvement in the collection and interpretation of health outcome measures.
The outreach worker will receive individual and group supervision as well as access to comprehensive, Center-wide continuing education programs, and will participate in team and program meetings.
A successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- 1-2 years of clinical experience in social work, psychology, or mental health setting (strongly preferred).
- The ability to work closely with an integrated team.
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to prioritize and flexibly manage a variable workload.
- A strong interest to pursue a career in a related field.
- A valid driver's license and provision of a working vehicle.
The Brookline Community Mental Health Center is a dynamic, culturally responsive community mental health center that strives to meet the evolving mental health needs of Brookline and Greater Boston children, families and adults. For over 50 years, The Center has served those with limited access to care including low and moderate income residents, those from diverse population groups, and those with serious mental illness. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to work place diversity.
How to apply
resumes to email@example.com
41 Garrison Road, Brookline, MA, 02445, US