The Keene Housing (KH) Communications Internship provides the opportunity for students to gain experience in helping manage the public image of one of the nation’s most respected housing authorities. KH is nationally recognized as a leader in the areas of housing policy reform and affordable housing development. The Communications Intern helps make sure that the Agency’s communication efforts support its reputation as leaders in the affordable housing industry.
The Communications intern will work on a variety of projects as assigned by the Intern Director. The ideal intern will have the ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team, depending on the nature and duration of any specific project.
Length of Internship: August 18 – December 5th (Intern may have the option of continuing into following semester)
Hours: 15-18 hours/week
Compensation: $10/hr (Credit available with University and/or Department approval)
• Responsible for drafting articles and design layout for various publications.
• Develop a multi-media presentation for prospective tenants which will include photos and floor plans each KH property.
• Manage Agency social media campaign; including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
• Draft and distribute press releases and alerts.
• Track and archive media coverage relevant to KH and its affiliates.
• Create infographics to disseminate information to management and the Board of Commissioners.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Juniors, Seniors, and Graduate students majoring in Communications, Journalism, Graphic Design, or other related fields.
• Previous marketing, journalism, web site management, and multimedia experience a plus.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Design Suite ; with particular focus on InDesign or Illustrator
• Excellent writing & editing skills
• Graphic design experience a plus
• Ability to work independently and simultaneously on a number of tasks.
831 Court Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03431