Currently Accepting Applications
(Assistant position open for remainder of this school year with opportunity to move into teaching position for the 2013-2014 school year)
Are you a creative, caring, early childhood educator who is seeking a position that is not bound by the expectations of traditional education?
Helios New School is an innovative, private school community for gifted children in grades K-5 on the San Francisco Peninsula. We are seeking flexible, high-caliber educators who have:
- Early childhood teaching experience and knowledge for promoting literacy across the disciplines
- A desire toward life-long learning
- A commitment to meet the needs of gifted children in an authentic and developmentally appropriate learning environment
- Flexibility and commitment to creating a nurturing, creative and experiential environment that reinforces academic skills
- Ability to motivate and challenge students while maintaining a focused, orderly environment
- Ability to use an interactive, hands-on project based approach promoting self-discovery and critical thinking
- Ability and interest to design and implement theme-based curriculum that engages children
- A positive, passionate attitude with demonstrated professionalism, responsibility, and work ethic
- At least 2 years teaching experience in K-4 grades
- A BA/BS in education or related degree preferred
- A strong understanding of gifted learners or willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills with children and adults
Compensation: Benefits and competitive salary commensurate with education and experience.
Please submit a resume with a short cover letter expressing why you are seeking this position. Please include a brief description of your educational philosophy.
Send to: email@example.com