LINCOLN CHILD CENTER Lincoln Child Center enables vulnerable and emotionally troubled children and their families to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Clinician PROGRAM: MDFT ; Contra Costa ACCOUNTABILITY: Clinical Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: To provide in home individual and family therapy to youth and their families utilizing the Multi-Dimensional Family Therapy (MDFT) model.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: M.S.W or M.A/M.S. in relevant field, from an accredited graduate school. Current license or registered internship toward licensure.
- A minimum of two years experience in providing direct clinical services to adolescents.
- Experience providing family therapy and/or experience with substance abuse treatment is preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with families in their homes
- Demonstrated awareness of, sensitivity to and competence in dealing with cultural and socioeconomic diversity of client population.
- The willingness and the ability to participate in intensive MDFT model and certification process.
- Fulfill video recording and live supervision expectations of MDFT.
- The willingness and the ability to be trained in LCC therapeutic and relationship-building philosophy that includes Collaborative Problem-Solving, Life Space Crisis Intervention (LSCI), and SAFE Environments training programs
- Physical fitness with the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, drop to one knee and get back up
- Willingness and ability to drive to clients' homes located throughout Contra Costa County.
- Physical ability to work on a keyboard to prepare reports and to enter data.
- Valid California driver's license, a clear driving record and personal vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to bill for Medi-Cal services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in intake process.
- Obtain and complete necessary clinical records/documents within assigned time frames.
- Complete outcome measurements within specified time lines.
- Assess psychotherapeutic and case management needs of children and families and develop a treatment plan agreed on by the parent(s), placement agency and treatment team.
- Provide crisis intervention to youth and families in collaboration with the treatment team.
- Develop agreed upon discharge plan and assess continuing care needs in collaboration with the Clinical Supervisor, parent(s), placement agency, and treatment team.
- Ensure culturally sensitive and relevant treatment plans.
- Involve the youth and family members in the treatment plan and promote understanding.
- Provide family therapy as assigned.
- Collaborate with other involved agencies.
- Develop and monitor working treatment goals and objectives with measurable outcomes.
- Meet agency expectations regarding levels of direct service.
- Meet required deadlines for documentation.
- Participate in treatment reviews, IEP's and other case conferences as needed.
- Participate in weekly supervision, individual and group, as assigned.
- Seek out internal consultative resources as appropriate.
- Attend required meetings as assigned.
- Follow agency protocol and procedures.
- Maintain and promote consumer perspective with parents, placement agencies and providers.
- Understand and follow all LCC safety policies, procedures and rules. Perform all job duties safely. Attend all required safety training sessions. Identify and immediately report all workplace hazards, safety rule violations, near misses, and work-related injuries.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, full time, exempt, non-union, benefited position.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with background and experience.
BENEFITS: Competitive benefits package available.
How to apply
Please apply directly at:
51 Marina Blvd., Pittsburg, CA, 94565, US