DESC is currently recruiting for a Clinical Case Manager/Therapist to join our SAGE team.
Support, Advocacy, Growth & Employment (SAGE) is DESC's comprehensive outpatient mental health program. SAGE case managers, psychiatrists and nurses work with men and women (18 years and older), the vast majority of whom are or have been homeless, in assisting them in their journey towards recovery. This includes help with obtaining and maintaining housing, improving clinical and social stability, and enriching their level of independence and self-sufficiency.
The SAGE Therapist / Case Manager is a member of multi-disciplinary team serving adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses. The position is a split position, with half-time work providing short-term individual and group therapy and half-time work providing long-term case management services to enrolled clients. Many of our consumers are homeless or formerly homeless, many have co-occurring disorders, one half are minority group members, and most are male. Minority applicants are encouraged to apply. Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Current Washington Department of Health minimum credential as an Agency Affiliated Counselor in good standing.
- Meet criteria as a Mental Health Professional as defined in RCW 71.05, WAC 388-865-0400.
- Master's degree in a social work, psychology counseling or a closely related field, including coursework in providing mental health counseling/psychotherapy.
- Understand the tenets of cognitive behavioral therapy and possess competency in delivering psychotherapy services.
- Valid Washington State Driver's License and insurable driving record required.
Go to www.desc.org/joinourteam/ for a detailed job description and salary information.
How to apply
- Please submit a cover letter detailing your reasons for applying for this position, along with a resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email attachments will not be accepted unless they are in a format readable by MS Word or Adobe Reader. Attachments in formats such as .wps or .jpeg will not be accepted.
- You may also mail your cover letter and resume to: DESC, ATTN: Human Resources, 515 Third Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, or fax to (206) 515-1501.
Human Resources Director
fax to (206) 515-1501
515 Third Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98104, US