- Conduct client interviews to determine needs,
- Schedule appointments,
- Make appropriate referrals within HCS and to outside sources,
- Receive and welcome clients,
- Answer calls, manage multi-line telephone system,
- Input client data and navigate through client database,
- Ensure that individuals are warmly served through our one-stop-shop for all housing services,
- Work effectively as part of a team with minimal supervision,
- Operate a multi-line telephone system, computer and database software,
- Communicate effectively with multi-lingual, multi-cultural clients about our services in a challenging environment,
- Manage difficult calls and in-person contacts in a calm, courteous, efficient and professional manner,
- Assess confidential information provided by clients and provide appropriate and accurate information, materials and/or referrals,
- Join a staff of forty in a team environment to identify challenges and suggest new and creative ways to meet our client needs and agency goals,
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and Program Directors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Multi-tasking skills are required to meet the high energy office needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the telephone and in person.
- Ability to analyze information and provide logical solutions.
- Creativity, energy and personal stamina.
- Ability to perform under pressure and handle a high volume of work.
- Ability to enter complete and accurate data under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to learn different programs and present information regarding each program efficiently and in layman's terms.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- HCS targets limited English Proficient clients and always seeks staff with language skills
How to apply
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter email@example.com
The Position is open until filled
2410 17th Street, NW, Suite 100, Washington, DC, 20009, US