The Community Action Program of Lancaster County
POSITION SUMMARY: Circles is a community-based initiative that creates relationships across class and race lines, matching people of low income with middle or upper income volunteer "allies". The Circles Coach's primary role is to "coach" or encourage these relationships to thrive. The Circles Coach is also responsible for contributing to efforts to engage the community in Circles, and to work with the Circle's advisory council or "Guiding Coalition", assisting them in recruiting, training, and supporting Circles participants. The goal of the program is to help low income families move toward self sufficiency and to work on a broader scale with the local community to identify and eliminate systemic barriers that prevent families from moving out of poverty.
- Four-year degree in social work or human service field with trainings in family development/case management required.; AND
- A minimum of two years experience in the Human Services field
- Experience working with low income families and local community services.
- Must successfully complete Circles certification training.
- Ability to lead groups and deliver presentations in a clear and informative manner to individuals and families at diverse socio-economic levels.
- Strong organizational skills in managing complex tasks with autonomy.
- Strong commitment to the CAP mission to eliminate poverty and help families achieve self sufficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
How to apply
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax/mail documents to CAP: Attn: Circles Community Organizer, CAP, 601 S. Queen St., Lancaster, PA 17608-0599. FAX – 717-299-9341
Circles Community Organizer, CAP,
FAX – 717-299-9341
601 S Queen St, PO Box 599, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 17603, United States