Our Mission: Upgrade America's K-12 Internet Infrastructure
It may hard to believe, but in 2013 the vast majority of public schools in the US still do not have the fast, reliable, and affordable Internet access they need for digital learning.
EducationSuperHighway works directly with school districts, policy makers, and the technology community to upgrade the network infrastructure for every classroom in America. We want teachers and school leaders to be able to access all of the online tools they need, regardless of a school's location or economic status.
We do this work through the following programs:
- National SchoolSpeedTest (NSST): We are collecting data on the actual broadband speed experienced by students and teachers in the classroom to identify the schools most in need of an upgrade and to help guide policy
- Network Snapshot: We provide technical expertise and resources to help schools plan for cost-effective and efficient network upgrades
- Internet Pricing Portal: We are working to lower the cost of broadband connectivity and equipment for schools by creating pricing transparency
- Policy Reform: We are helping the FCC modernize its $2.5 billion annual E-rate program which supports K-12 broadband infrastructure
Join us to transform public education by ensuring that all students have true access to digital learning opportunities.
The Role: Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
We are looking for a highly experienced marketing expert to join our leadership team and lead EducationSuperHighway's overall marketing communications strategy and implementation. This is an extraordinary senior leadership opportunity to drive impact in collaboration with our team, partners, and champions.
You will be a face and voice for the company, increase awareness of our mission, our programs, and ensure that the data we collect has maximum impact to ensure that America's schools are ready for 21st Century learning. The CMO will create and manage all communication activities and outreach programs that promote and enhance our mission, as well as be responsible for a broad range of activities related to the strategic direction and positioning of EducationSuperHighway as the leading nonprofit focused on Internet infrastructure for public schools. You will be responsible for varied and integrated communications, including website, reports, E-news and social media, and media and public relations.
You will build on our partnerships with state departments of education, the U.S. Department of Education, leading educational organizations, education technology companies, and social media partners, in part to prepare a direct outreach campaign for early 2014 for our National SchoolSpeedTest.
- Create marketing/communications strategy to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted audiences
- Cultivate and manage impactful relationships with partners and key leaders to advance EducationSuperHighway's mission and impact
- Identify challenges, emerging issues, internal and external communications opportunities and define and execute appropriate solutions
- Design and execute a national, multi-channel media, social media, and PR campaign that motivates students and teachers to take the NSST
- Identify and prioritize external exposure opportunities and deploy self and others in the organization to maximize impact at state and national level
- Identify key outlets to disseminate findings and share insights
- Monitor, manage and analyze the effectiveness of marketing initiatives
- Build and manage an exceptional team of 4-5 Outreach Coordinators, and coordinate with our policy work leaders, to align the marketing and outreach of all core programs to ensure consistency and communication
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- 8+ years of diverse spectrum of marketing communications experience, including: collateral development, PSA support and paid advertising, direct marketing, digital communications, publications, and consumer research. Experience directing and managing outside agencies.
- Successful at both leading a team to meet ambitious goals and building strategic partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to leverage new and emerging communications channels
- Strong network of marketing resources and relationships
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills. Capable of not only crafting clear, compelling and consistent communications, but successful at building consensus and driving internal alignment so staff at all levels use them effectively
- Experience managing or using CRM system to drive communications strategies
- Passionate about education and the transformative potential of technology
- Comfortable working in a small organization with a dynamic environment
How to apply
To apply please send a resume and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to:firstname.lastname@example.org "CMO" in the subject line.
One Montgomery Tower, Suite 2500, San Francisco, California, 94104, United States