Inspire USA Foundation's mission is to help millions of young people lead happier lives. Working directly with teens and young adults (ages 14-24), Inspire USA designs and delivers innovative technology-based services that promote mental health and prevent suicide. ReachOut.com is Inspire USA's primary online platform and avenue of outreach. Inspire USA takes a strengths-based approach to its work with a focus on the prevention of mental health difficulties and the active promotion of mental health and wellbeing, including those factors that have been shown to build resilience in young people. Founded in 2007, Inspire USA is part of an international network, which includes Australia (where Inspire began) and Ireland.
Inspire USA seeks an experienced professional to serve as the Chief Executive Officer in its San Francisco, CA office. Successful candidates will have significant experience in strategic planning and implementation, fund development, and organizational and programmatic management to lead.
Inspire USA into the next stage of its organizational growth. The CEO will report directly to the Board of Directors and implement strategies for achieving the social impact goals established by the Board of Directors.
Fundraising and Partnership Development (70%)
- Oversee and direct organization's fundraising, partnership development, and public engagement strategies
- Coordinate with Board of Directors' fundraising initiatives
Operational and Programmatic Management (30%)
- Provide direct supervision to staff and guidance for the oversight of interns and volunteers
- Manage and provide oversight for the organization's financial and business operations, including but not limited to, compliance with federal and state nonprofit reporting requirements, contractual agreements, insurance policies, and ensuring alignment with organization's policies and protocols
- Maintain and strengthen a culture consistent with the organization's mission and values
- Maintain and strengthen optimal external relations with donors, supporters, and key community partners
- Attend board meetings as requested, providing reports on financial, operational and programmatic aspects of the organization and participating in strategic planning and evaluation.
- Oversee, evaluate, and monitor programs' impact and progress, and ensure the compliance and regular updates of any programmatic policies and protocols
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in nonprofit management or related professional experience
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, and solutions-based orientation
- Demonstrated commitment to mental health, well-being, or related issues
- Demonstrated success in fund development, working with boards, strategic planning, and staff management
- Committed to Inspire USA's mission and values
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of finance, budgeting, and cost control procedures
- Resiliently positive and energetic attitude
- Experience working collaboratively with young people in the teen media or technology space
- Experience working with people from diverse ethnic, cultural, social, economic backgrounds and lifestyles
- Experience working with technology and social media firms, companies, and organizations
- Experience in research and evaluation for programmatic impact
How to apply
Interested candidates should send application materials to email@example.com with "Inspire USA CEO" in the subject line of the email. Materials should include a custom cover letter, resume, names of three references, salary history, and any additional statements you may wish to include. Inspire USA is an equal opportunity employer.
567 Sutter St, Third Floor, San Francisco, California, 94102, United States