DESC is currently recruiting for a Chemical Dependency Professional (CDP) or Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee (CDP-T) to join our http:www.desc.org/clinical.html|Chemical Dependency Program]].
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Chemical Dependency Counselor / Intern provides services to DESC clients who are identified as impacted by alcohol or other drug use. This position works cooperatively with agency staff and community resources to provide a range of services to clients with drug and alcohol problems.
- Have and maintain a current Washington state license as a Chemical Dependency Professional (CDP) or Chemical Dependency Professional -- Trainee (CDPT) and any other government-required certification, registration or license as may be appropriate.
- Experience working with adults who are experiencing or who have experienced homelessness, have a mental illness and/or co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
- Interest in or experience working with participants who are difficult to engage and refer to traditional programs.
- Subscribe to DESC's Harm Reduction philosophy.
Go to www.desc.org/joinourteam/ for a detailed job description and salary information.
How to apply
- Submit a cover letter detailing your reasons for applying for this position, along with a resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email attachments will not be accepted unless they are in a format readable by MS Word or Adobe Reader. Attachments in formats such as .wps or .jpeg will not be accepted.
- You may also mail your cover letter and resume to: DESC, ATTN: Human Resources, 515 Third Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, or fax to (206) 515-1501.
The Downtown Emergency Service Center is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
515 Third Ave., Seattle, Washington, 98104, United States