Classical Charter Schools prepares K – 8th grade students in the South Bronx to excel in college-preparatory high schools. Through a classical curriculum and highly structured setting, students become liberated scholars and citizens of impeccable character who achieve proficiency in and advanced mastery of New York State Performance Standards.
Classical Charter Schools are high-performing public charter schools in the South Bronx. We maintain an uncompromising but purposeful structure that liberates teachers and scholars from distraction, transforming the classroom into an environment sharply focused on learning. Despite serving students typically deemed 'at-risk,' we consistently outperform over 90% of schools in both the state and the city and received "A"s on our Progress Report for three straight years. Founded in 2006, South Bronx Classical I serves Kindergarten to sixth grade and will grow up to eighth grade. South Bronx Classical II opened in 2013, currently serving Kindergarten and first grade, and will grow one grade per year through eighth grade. We seek mission-driven educators as we broaden our impact across the city.
All our teachers share the undying belief that maximizing student achievement is their primary goal. Our teachers have a razor-sharp focus on the school's mission and the drive to meet their key responsibilities:
- Leading all scholars to gap-closing academic gains. Scholars must achieve mastery and advanced mastery of grade-level Common Core State Standards to succeed to and through college.
- Establishing and maintaining a "no-excuses," highly ordered classroom culture where scholars demonstrate respect, responsibility, caring, trustworthiness, fairness, and citizenship.
Our teachers work relentlessly to achieve these challenging, mission-critical goals. Successful teachers:
- Study, practice, and execute lessons that lead scholars to master daily standard-aligned objectives, faithfully using our rigorous, classical curriculum.
- Revise lessons for clarity, rigor and relevance, with guidance and support from instructional coaches.
- Collect and analyze academic and behavior data to pinpoint scholar needs.
- Collaborate in teams and with coaches to resolve challenges and implement instructional improvements driven by quantitative and qualitative data.
- Proactively seek and implement feedback from team leaders and coaches to improve their practice.
Above all, our teachers care deeply about their scholars, who inspire them to achieve life's greatest joy: doing good work well.
- NYS Teaching Certification.
- Demonstrated application of our core values: Accountability, Innovation, Professionalism, Rigor, Tenacity, Transparency, and Urgency.
We offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, plus 401(k) matching.
How to apply
Please apply for the Teacher position through our website: www.classicalcharterschools.org. All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered.
Positions open for school year 2014-2015. Option to start immediately.
977 Fox Street, Bronx, NY, 10459, US