Position available: Center Technical Manager
The Center of Forest Ecosystem Assessment (CFEA) at Alabama A&M University (Huntsville, AL) is seeking a technical manager to work closely with the Center's director and staff to coordinate its research activities and daily operations. The center is funded by the National Science Foundation and composed of three thrust areas (biological community, ecosystem process and dynamics, and coupling human and landscape dynamics and patterns). The manager coordinate multidisciplinary research activities; assist in developing proposals, prepare annual reports and newsletters and other related publications; coordinate seminar series; oversee Center's website maintenance and updates; interact with the National Science Foundation, and other collaborating federal and state agencies and landowners; supervise technical support personnel; recruit students; and assist in coordinating the center's national and international collaborations.
- MS degree or PhD in forestry, biology, ecology, wildlife or other natural resources related fields
- A good understanding of forest ecosystems and ecology
- Research experience and familiarity with the southern Cumberland region's flora and fauna
- Experience in field data collections and analyses
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Able to work with students and faculty with diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
- Experience in developing proposals, reports, newsletters, and manuscripts
- Webpage design and maintenance experience is a plus.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident with valid clean driver's license
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with NSF-CREST or forest ecosystems related research. Successful applicants will demonstrate the following skills: detail-oriented, effective communicator, a good sense of direction, and possess a cheerful nature to endure unexpected conditions. International experience and language ability will help the center's recent international initiatives. Contract will be renewed annually depending on funding and performance. Pay Rate: $35,000 - $46,000 (+ full benefits)
Closing Date: September 1, 2013 or until filled.
For application, please send cover letter, resume with three letters of references to Yong Wang, P.O. Box 1927, Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, Alabama A&M University, Normal, AL 35762. Ph. 256-372-4229, Email: yon