We are seeking a Caseworker for one of our Preventative Services programs. Preventative Services is a comprehensive, neighborhood-based program which helps to provide family support and counseling to children and their families. The Family Support Center provides crisis intervention and aftercare services to families through casework counseling. This position serves as an integral role within the team dynamic. The ideal candidate is able to multi-task, work independently and within a team, understands child welfare and substance abuse, and is flexible. The Caseworker will report directly to the Social Work Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in weekly supervision with the Social Work Supervisor
- Provide supportive casework counseling (individual and family) to 12 families and their children
- Conduct home based, office based, and school based assessments of children’s health and safety
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion and submission of all required documentation
- Acquire knowledge of various community based and governmental resources and refer families to and advocate for the acquisition of such resources on behalf of children and their families.
- Monitor and evaluate children’s academic functioning, and make appropriate referrals for academic support when needed
- Make referrals for children and families both internally and externally when such referrals are necessary to promote the health and safety of children
- Participate in all agency functions and project activities
- Co-facilitate groups/workshops aimed at address the service needs of children and families
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- A commitment to the mission and programs of HCZ
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience; Master’s degree with LMSW or LCSW preferred
- Must possess some knowledge of child welfare and of ACS
- Must be able to do heavy walking and withstand exposure to environmental factors
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written
- Passion for children and families and a strong connection to the community
How to apply
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. To apply, CLICK HERE.
No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE
1916 Park Avenue, Suite 212, New York, NY, 10037, US