SCO is looking for a well-qualified Case Worker
- Manage a case load and maintain on-going contacts with those served in accordance with regulatory mandates.
- Prepare cases for presentation and interdisciplinary case reviews and participate actively in the development of comprehensive service plans.
- Evaluates risk of harm, including investigation of accidents, injuries and allegations of child abuse or neglect, and assists families and children who are subjects of such investigation.
- Documents nutritional, physical health, mental health, educational, housing, social & economic changes in the child's life.
- Uses knowledge and understanding of diverse cultural norms and traditions to enhance the assessment process.
- Completes and maintains accurate and up-to-date case records.
- Facilitates regulatory compliance with city and state standards of practice; submits all necessary reports and documentation in a timely fashion.
- Ensures confidentiality and compliance with audits.
- All other work as assigned by the Director of Social Services for the program.
- Posses a great desire to positively influence the lives of others.
- Strong advocacy, communication and organizational skills are necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required in social work or a related field; other disciplines considered.
- Related work or field experience is preferred.
- Bi-lingual ability is a plus.
- A Valid NYS Driver's License is also a plus.
How to apply
If you are interested in the position mentioned above, please apply directly online at
Please keep in mind that it is not possible for us to personally contact every candidate, but rest assured that your information will be reviewed and one of our hiring managers will contact you if you're being considered for the position.
SCO FAMILY OF SERVICES is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V