Client Advocate/Case Manager
Full time: benefits include vacation, health and retirement
Serves as an active participant in a work team to ensure Residential Clients develop sustainable community based support systems promoting individual recovery both during their stay in Residential re-entry program and on-going transition/return to the community of their choice. Individual shows leadership in making community integration process more efficient and effective for residents and implement improvements with other Client Advocates/Case Managers, other staff and volunteers
- Two team advocates/case managers cover Mon-Fri primarily during business hours/early evenings, with one weekend day per week required as necessary to meet client needs
- Evaluates applicant, interviews and selects resident candidates
- Together with Aftercare Specialist conducts intake meeting and develops isp etc.
- Provide 1:1 case management services to resident including advocacy, information, and referral services etc.
- Regularly identify new employment, housing, medical resources etc.
- Provide residents with access to services and community resources for maintaining self-sufficiency (mh, employment, medical)
- Assists with weekly budgeting, monthly savings, and ongoing financial literacy skills
- Maintain client clinical file including isp's and ongoing case documentation
- Holds exit meeting with resident and after care specialist during last week of residency
- Inform staff and volunteers when residents enter and leave program in advance of dates
- Provide ongoing communications with outside agencies (DOC, probation officers etc) regarding potential applicants and gh residents
- Attends community meetings/staffing pertaining to client's needs as required
BA required - MSW preferred
How to apply
Please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirement with Case Manager in the subject line to GuestHouseResumes@gmail.com. WE WILL BE REVIEWING ONLY THOSE RESUMES WITH SALARY REQUIREMENT INCLUDED. No phone calls please!
1 East Lurary Avenue, Alexandria, VA, 22301, US