Father Bill’s & Mainspring, an innovative leader in the prevention of homelessness in Southeast Massachusetts is seeking a committed and friendly team player to complement our staff at our agency’s administrative office.
Position Title: Case Manager
Position Summary: Provides support to clients dealing with homelessness and other related issues.
Position Status: Full-time, Quincy area
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3-5 years of related experience preferably in a non-profit setting.
- An understanding and empathy for those dealing with homelessness and related issues.
- Valuing confidentiality.
- Exceptional computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to deal courteously with the public in person and on the phone.
- Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Must be able to take initiative, prioritize and complete large volume of detail-oriented tasks quickly and with accuracy.
- Local travel required. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
Responsibilities: (include but may not be limited to):
- Evaluation and assessment of referrals.
- Development of case studies of potential participants for the Shelter Plus Care Committee as required by program guidelines.
- Conduct intake interviews and subsequent documentation, maintain accurate and updated case files.
- Assist participants with housing search.
- Serve as contact person with landlords.
- Create and implement individual service plan within the first thirty days of residency and bi-annually after program entry.
- Monitor client progress; provide support and structure; assist with appointment scheduling and transportation as deemed appropriate is ISP.
- Make referrals and maintain contact with community services.
- Initiate crisis intervention when necessary.
- Coordinate and participate in individual’s team meetings.
- Collect and maintain data-based statistical information (HMIS); maintain accurate case records.
- Responsible for written client progress reports for both case file and monthly submissions to supervisor.
- Ensure reassessments are completed according to specific funding requirements (60 day or 6 month re-assessments).
- Participate in program monitoring as requested.
- Provide outreach and assessment in the community as deemed necessary by supervisor and/or other administrators within the organization.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Be sure to include “Case Manager Quincy” in the subject line.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is an equal opportunity employer.