Geffner House, a 307-unit supportive SRO, offers a unique permanent housing experience to low income men and women. The tenant population is diverse and includes people with serious and persistent mental illness; individuals who are recovering from drug /alcohol addiction and people who are living with AIDS. We offer tenants a comprehensive array of on-site services.
Under the direction of the Senior Clinical Director and or the Clinical Director at Geffner House, the Case Manager is responsible for providing assessments, counseling, and referral services to the tenants living in the building who are people with persistent mental illnesses, individuals who are recovering from drug/alcohol addiction and those living with either HIV or AIDS; performs related work.
A Master’s degree in social work, psychology, or related Human Services field from an accredited college or university; or a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in social work, psychology or related Human Services field and one year of experience working with a special needs population, particularly mentally disabled individuals; or a High School Diploma or GED with extensive experience working with a special needs population, particularly mentally disabled individuals.
Preferred skills: Excellent oral and written communications skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; and knowledge of case management databases. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides intake, psychosocial and substance abuse assessments to tenants and develops an appropriate treatment plan for each tenant in the assigned caseload.
• Makes home visits, coordinates medical, psychiatric and substance abuse services.
• Monitors medication compliance as necessary.
• Maintains up to date written information or case notes on contacts with the tenants and any other required information, and enters all contacts and interventions into the FOOTHOLD/AWARDS system.
• Conducts individual and group supportive counseling sessions.
• Organizes and educates tenants through groups and other activities presenting issues of interest to the tenants such as money management, employment opportunities etc.
• Links tenants to community services.
How to apply
We are offering a competitive salary, commensurate with education and experience and an excellent benefits package. To apply, please send your resume with a cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to HR Department, Project Renewal: firstname.lastname@example.org
351 West 42nd Street, New York, NY, 10036, US