The Family Court Program offers counseling, case management and practical assistance to victims of crime. The overall goal of the unit is to reduce the impact of victimization through advocacy, counseling and other support services. The Case Manager provides case management services to victims of domestic violence and victims of juvenile crime involved in the family court system and at the County Family Justice Center
Essential Job Functions:
The Case Manager will provide:
• Providing crisis intervention, emotional support and case management to victims of crime and abuse;
• Providing information regarding the Family Court process, court procedures and the types of relief available, including Orders of Protection;
• Advocating with Family Court personnel (Judges, Court Clerks, Court Officers, civil legal attorneys, etc.) and the criminal justice system on behalf of clients;
• Safety planning and risk assessment;
• Referring victims to shelters, relocation assistance, and medical facilities when deemed appropriate;
• Providing emergency practical assistance including transportation, food vouchers, financial assistance, emergency cell phones, lock replacement, etc.;
• Working with the Corporation Counsel Family Court Division staff providing crisis intervention and practical assistance to complainants working with their attorneys;
• Attending internal and external meetings, trainings and workshops;
• Maintaining thorough and accurate case records and statistics;
• Various other duties to be determined by supervisor
- Understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence and other forms of victimization
- Experience working with survivors of domestic violence.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team while also independently generating tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or equivalent experience and training
- Bilingual candidate strongly preferred
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon's rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
All prospective job candidates must meet screening requirements, which includes a background check.
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, disabilities, and citizen, marital, veteran and HIV statuses
How to apply
Please follow link to apply