DESC is currently recruiting for a Case Manager to join our Crisis Respite Program (CRP).
Working in partnership with Harborview Medical Center, King County Mental Health Court, and hospitals across the county, the Crisis Respite Program is a vital buffer between psychiatric emergency care and life back on the streets. The CRP Case Manager is a member of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for providing ongoing assessment, crisis stabilization, engagement and short-term case management services to homeless and mentally ill adults. This position will work closely with other CRP clinicians, HOST project staff and Shelter staff. Services are provided at DESC facilities and in the community.
- Relevant Bachelor's or Master's degree in social work, psychology or other behavioral science.
- Experience delivering mental health and case management services to a chronically homeless or severely mentally ill adult population, and those with chemical dependency/co-occurring disorders, in a community setting.
- Interest in or experience working with consumers who are difficult to engage and maintain in traditional mental health programs.
- Knowledge of Recovery focused, strengths based work in mental health.
- Knowledge of Harm Reduction strategies.
Go to www.desc.org/joinourteam/ for a detailed job description and salary information.
All DESC regular positions include paid medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement benefits and excellent time off benefits. New employees have the potential of accruing up to 6.8 weeks of paid time off in the first year of employment.
How to apply
- Please submit a cover letter detailing your reasons for applying for this position, along with a resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email attachments will not be accepted unless they are in a format readable by MS Word or Adobe Reader. Attachments in formats such as .wps or .jpeg will not be accepted.
- You may also mail your cover letter and resume to: DESC, ATTN: Human Resources, 515 Third Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, or fax to (206) 515-1501.
fax to (206) 515-1501
515 Third Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98104, US