Case Manager – Non-Profit | Aguila, Inc. Bronx, NY 10455
Aguila, Inc. is a non-profit organization providing transitional housing to thousands of homeless families in the New York City. Aguila provides housing, case management, and advocacy for homeless families, and individuals throughout New York City.
Job Title: Case Manager
Reports to: Case Manager Supervisor
- Provide case management services to clients and manage necessary charts.
- Counsels and aids client’s in need.
- Addresses underlying causes of homelessness through the development of a service plan.
- Provides on-going management of client’s service plan.
- Orientates each client with facility rules and program expectations.
- Completes case notes in a timely fashion and maintains records according to agency and funder expectations.
- Advocates for client’s to receive necessary entitlements, lease and employment opportunities.
- Evaluates client’s need for off-site resources.
- Coordinates necessary case conferences.
- Coordinates client compliance with house rules and client responsibilities and rights.
- Prepares and coordinates any reports, responses to inspection reports and/or audits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in Social Services, or 60 College Credits and 2 years experience in the Social Services field.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus but not required
The position description is a guide to the critical duties, and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands, and work environment conditions.
How to apply
To apply please submit a copy of your resume, and cover letter in MS Word, or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org please include “Case Manager (idealist)” in your subject line.
661 Cauldwell Ave., Bronx, NY, 10455, US