HELP USA, a nationally recognized leader in the provision of transitional housing, residential and social services has the following position available at one of our sites located within the NYC metropolitan area:
To provide outreach social service support to Scattered Site residents i.e. residents living in apartments in the community. Responsible for the provision of services and referrals with or on behalf of residents including, but not limited to, assessments, counseling, service planning, entitlements and medical, educational, substance abuse, employment, child care, and mental health services, and early childhood services including facility based day care, and recreational services.
- Responsible for conducting initial intake interviews and assessments (as determined by site protocols) for all new residents and establishing a case file with all signed forms and entering/revising all initial CARES information as indicated by site specific protocols
- Meets with assigned families on a regularly scheduled basis in their home in the community and in the office dependent upon the individual’s/family’s level of need to provide supportive counseling and to review their progress towards achieving the goals of the service plan.
- Provides information and referral services to residents as needed or as specified in the service plan.
- Serves as a liaison with various social service agencies, schools, and health care providers in the interest of the clients.
- Advocates for and assists families in the negotiation of the service delivery system, to ensure receipt of entitlements and permanent housing.
- Participates in weekly staff meeting, client case conferences, in-service meetings, and monthly housing meetings.
- Provides night and weekend coverage as needed.
- Adheres to Part 900 regulations and HELP USA Policies and Procedures.
- Develops discharge plan with clients
- Responsible for collecting and collating monthly, quarterly and as needed service statistics for his/her caseload.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Four year college degree required. Bachelors of Social Work/Human Services or related course work preferred.
- Prior experience in case management, assessment, counseling, and crisis intervention preferred.
- Computer literate specifically in Microsoft applications required.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license required.
Please email your resume to email@example.com.
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.