Know us before you need us... Minuteman Senior Services is an innovative non-profit agency offering seniors, disabled adults and caregivers, information, assistance and support. We provide solutions to help our clients live independently, in the comfort of home. Our Service Area includes: Acton, Arlington, Bedford, Boxborough, Burlington, Carlisle, Concord, Harvard, Lexington, Lincoln, Littleton, Maynard, Stow, Wilmington, Winchester and Woburn.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to a Care Management Supervisor and as a member of an interdisciplinary team, the Care Manager has responsibilities for maintaining a caseload of elderly consumers including determining home care programs eligibility, conducting home visits, assessing consumer needs, developing service plans, and maintaining consumer records. The Care Manager is also responsible for maintaining information relating to each case in accordance with EOEA and program documentation standards. Care Managers may also assist in the implementation of the Comprehensive Screening and Service Model (CSSM) in conjunction with agency RN's and Nursing Homes.
- Conduct functional assessments and reassessment of elderly consumers living in the community.
- Develop service plans through contact with consumer, those involved with consumer (family members, physician, visiting nurses, etc.) and in consultation with supervisor.
- Implement service plan by arranging services through contracted vendor agencies and other referral resources.
- Reassess consumer's needs in accordance with regulations. Monitor needs and service plan on an ongoing basis through telephone calls, visits and case conferences. Monitor and coordinate services in service plan to avoid duplication of services and to ensure maximum benefit to consumer.
- Perform duties of Geriatric Support Service Coordinator (GSSC) for SCO Programs.
- Maintain information relating to each case in accordance with EOEA documentation standards:
- Complete and update the consumer's assessment form.
- Maintain and update required forms determining consumer's financial eligibility home care services.
- Complete necessary documentation of consumer's service level (i.e. fiscal authorization, State Home Care, etc.)
- Maintain and update consumer's record, including documenting any contacts, changes in service plan, and calls concerning consumer in SIMS.
- Oversee agency correspondence with consumer (i.e. notices of suspension, termination or other changes in service plan).
- Access consumers for risk issues or abuse and follow proper protocols for reporting such information.
- Assume respoonsibility for covering care manager duties several times per month assisting consumers whose care manager is unavailable to handle issue.
- Participate in Staff Development:
- Meet with supervisor on regular basis
- Keep current with all agency and EOEA policy information via writeen memoranda and attendance at agency meetings.
- Update knowledge pertaining to gerontology and services for elders through outside and in-service cources, workships, etc.
- Maintain communication and coordination of services with local Council on Aging staff through ongoing communication including quarterly site visits.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a social services related field.
- Fluency in Mandarin desired.
- Experience working with the elderly is preferred.
- A car is required, as well as a valid driver's license.
How to apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please include Care Manager in the subject line.
26 Crosby Drive, Bedford, MA, 01730, US