Union Settlement Association is an on-the-ground resource for East Harlem residents of all ages, and a passionate advocate for the needs of underserved communities. Since opening our doors in 1895, we have brought education, wellness and community-building programs to our neighborhood, empowering New Yorkers with opportunities to better their lives. More than 350 staff work in our organization, and our services impact 10,000 people every year. By helping our neighbors realize their goals, we build the vitality and success of East Harlem. For more information about Union Settlement, please visit our website at www.unionsettlement.org.
Position: Care Coordinator
Department: Mental Health Services
Reports to: Program Coordinator - HIV Mental Health Services
Promote treatment adherence and risk reduction for persons living with HIV/AIDS by linking them with primary care, mental health, and other psychosocial services.
- Determine eligibility of clients.
- Conduct intake process with clients.
- Conduct assessments of clients.
- Coordinate service planning.
- Data entry into AIRS (AIDS Institute Reporting System)
- Conduct psycho-educational counseling with clients.
- Conduct client workshops.
- Direct non-clinical support groups.
- Manage case conferencing.
- Outreach to prospective clients.
- Provide referrals for clients.
- Advocate on behalf of clients.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Nursing.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Experience in direct service with clients is required
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent organizational ability and interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Please send Cover Letter, Resume, References, and Salary Requirements to:
Please indicate Care Coordinator in subject of e-mail.
Submissions without salary requirements will not be considered.
UNION SETTLEMENT ASSOCIATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER