UNITED SOUTH END SETTLEMENTS
United South End Settlements (USES) is a community-based nonprofit organization serving children, teens, adults, and seniors through programs in art, education, technology, and social services. USES has held true to its settlement house roots, committing to the motto of “neighbors helping neighbors to grow and thrive.” Our extended family is an integrated team of participants, staff, volunteers, community leaders, and business partners. USES operates in three locations in the South End – Harriet Tubman House, South End House, the Children’s Art Centre – and Camp Hale on Squam Lake in New Hampshire. Please visit our website at www.uses.org.
The Camp Hale season is two and a half months long with five camping sessions – rookie camp for boys 6 to 10, session I for boys 7 to 10 years old, session II for boys 11 to 14 years old, father son weekend for boys 6 and older, and session III for girls 8 to 14 years old. During camp sessions pairs of counselors work together providing 24-hour supervision to a cabin group of 6 to 8 campers of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds. The residential aspect of Camp Hale enables the agency to provide children with more in-depth guidance, support, and opportunities for personal growth. The important partnerships that develop with both parents and children can extend across the calendar year.
Summer 2014 Camp Staff must be available from June 8th through August 27th.
Training week: June 9th through June 20th
Father Son Weekend (boys ages 7 and up): June 20th through June 22nd
Rookie Camp (boys ages 6-10): June 25th through June 29th
1st session (ages 7-10): June 25th through July 13th
2nd session (ages 11-14): July 17th through August 9th
3rd Session training week: August 9th through August 13th
3rd Session (Girls ages 8-14) August 13th through August 25th
The location of this job is 93 Milbridge Road, Center Sandwich, NH.
Camp Hale provides room and board.
Head Cook/Food Service Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Camp Director, the Head Cook/Food Service Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the food-service program including the implementation of all applicable health, sanitary, and safety regulations including State of New Hampshire and American Camping Association requirements.
Applicants should possess a culinary school education or comparable job experience, have maturity, and be able to direct, coordinate, and manage the performance of kitchen staff. Safe Serve certification and organizational skills also a must.
1. Plans and leads in the preparation of meals and monthly menus which meet the nutritional needs of the campers and staff.
2. Maintains inventories and food orders in consultation with the Camp Director and checks incoming orders against invoices.
3. Prepares meals, snacks, and special food requests.
4. Supervises the Assistant Cook and assigns tasks to be completed by the Leaders in Training.
5. Strictly enforces sanitary standards as well as kitchen etiquette of all who enter the dining hall.
6. Maintains necessary documentation for the Bureau of Nutrition.
7. Attends weekly staff meeting and provides input regarding nutrition and healthy eating.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without accommodation)
• Must be able to climb, balance, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, lift, finger, grasp, feel, talk, hear, and be capable of repetitive motion
• Position requires exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or a 20 pounds of force constantly
• Work requires close visual acuity
• Position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
In the subject line, please specify the position to which you are applying.
No phone calls, please.
566 Columbus Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02118