The Nonprofit Quarterly (www.nonprofitquarterly.org) is a fast paced online and print publishing endeavor. It uses an innovative model of collaborative journalism that aligns to its revenue model. This results in a workplace that is highly entrepreneurial.
The individual we seek will be flexible but well organized and focused, and able to integrate an understanding of the big picture with attention to details. The ability to collaborate in this small but dynamic organization is key. The organization is dependent on its networks so maintaining and nurturing relationships with partner institutions is a constant part of the job.
The business manager is the operations administrator and has charge over:
- Financial management (in conjunction with an outsourced accountant)
- Oversight of advertising sales
- Contracts and agreements
- Customer service and fulfillment
- Human resource systems
- Implementation of subscription and fundraising campaigns
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 3 years financial management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience with human resource management
- Flexibility and willingness to experiment with revenue lines, driving to meet revenue goals
- Personally excited about the horizons of publishing and civil society
- Entrepreneurial headset but comfortable in highly collaborative environment
- Some experience with online communities
- Experience with databases
- Online fundraising experience preferred
This position will work closely with the Publisher and other members of staff.
To apply, please send resume and coverletter
112 Water Street, Ste 400, Boston, Massachusetts, 02109, United States