The Educational Alliance is a non-profit organization, founded in 1889, that changes lives. We are a Jewish organization, serving people of diverse ethnic, religious and socio-economic backgrounds who live, work and learn in our neighborhoods. We strive to nourish the total person, strengthen family connections and build inclusive communities.
Reporting to the Division Director of Behavioral Health Services, the Business Manager will participate in design, development, implementation and evaluation of departmental administrative and operational systems and procedures.
The Business Manager will ensure quality administrative services in the outpatient and residential facilities for mandated & non-mandated adults and adolescents struggling with chemical dependencies/co-occurring disorders.
- Reconcile program reports with financial reports; gather and record program statistics and information for reports and grant proposals;
- Ensure credentialing and re-credentialing of staff for all insurance companies;
- Develop and produce enrollment, attendance, program usage, revenue pattern, demographic profile reports, rosters, and invoices;
- Oversee timely processing of program participants for public assistance, SSI, Medicaid and submission of applications to HRA;
- Supervise administrative support staff, interns and volunteers for the Division;
- Monitor clients’ HRA status via STARS reports from Pride Sites administrative staff;
- Review and monitor monthly HRA invoices for client payments; Maintain monthly HRA shelter, PNA and food stamp income report;
- Coordinate purchasing function for all Behavioral Health Services programs and ensure timely submission and payments for existing medical vendor agreements;
- Order metro cards, manage petty cash, PNA and WAM funds and reporting;
- Assist with research, needs assessment and program planning;
- Establish and execute calendar of meetings, special and program-specific events for the Division;
- Create and maintain a directory of resources in conjunction with Directors for distribution to programs;
- Monitor trends and assist in improvement of services by analyzing operating procedures; recommend cost effective and efficient solutions;
- Participate in internal Medicaid/Medicare, OASAS audits and billing audits; maintain audit tracking and reporting; work with program directors to develop corrective action plans and follow up on both internal and external corrective action plan implementation;
- Work with IT, Finance, Vendor Management, Facilities and Human Resources departments in support of Behavioral Health Services;
- Provide training on administrative practices and procedures.
Excellent communication, problem-solving, organizational, and computer skills. Ability to establish, operate and manage business systems. Knowledge of AWARDS, OASAS regulations and behavioral health billing preferred. Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience required. Strong management, leadership and decision-making skills. Ability to multitask and handle challenging situations in a professional, courteous and friendly manner. Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information. Willingness to work both independently and as part of a team.
How to apply
Please apply at: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6900691
The Educational Alliance is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status. Accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals requiring them.
197 East Broadway, New York, NY, 10002, US