The YMCA of Greater New York is the largest youth-service organization in NYC. The organization has grown to encompass 21 branches and more than 140 sites throughout the five boroughs of New York City in addition to three camp sites and an upstate conference center.
The Staten Island YMCA – Counseling Service Center is seeking an experienced individual who will be responsible for all the financial business and HR operation of the programs. Major responsibilities include procurement, accounts payable, receivables, budgeting, payroll, human resources, managing various projects plus the general ledger. In addition, the Business Manager will track the financial performance for all fee-based and government funded contracts.
- Supervise business office staff and center volunteer volunteers.
- Enforce organizational policies to ensure internal controls are maintained.
- Maintain Business Office operations on a daily basis.
- Maintain comprehensive accounting records; oversee the maintenance of office files.
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of 3rd party billing to insurance carriers and Medicaid.
- Prepare mid-monthly and monthly office reports, including budget forecasts and income statements. Ensure income statements are accurate and evaluate agency finances.
- Manage complex government contracts ensuring that the Branch is in compliance with contract requirements.
- Maximize funding and maintain excellent agency relations.
- Coverage of telephones as needed and respond to walk-in clients regarding questions/concerns.
- Oversee office supplies and maintain equipment, inventory and maintenance schedule.
- Maintain financial documentation of annual campaign and special events.
- Actively participate in designated meetings, training sessions and special events.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Three to five years of experience in Accounting; experiences working in HR a plus.
- Experience in staff supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills required and experience using Oracle and Hyperion is a plus.
- Knowledge of Fund Accounting Practices; Government contracts – expense reporting a plus.
How to apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your resume and salary requirement with subject line "Business Manager" email@example.com or to:
Staten Island YMCA – Counseling Service Center
Attn.: Jacqueline Fiore
3911 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10312
New York City's YMCA | WE'RE HERE FOR GOOD
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
3911 Richmond Avenue, Staten Island, NY, 10312, US