Summary of the position:
The Business Manager supports fiscal operations at Thorpe Family Residence Inc, in the Bronx. Thorpe is managed by Nazareth Housing. The Business Manager will oversee the management of payroll; accounts receivable/payable; petty cash reconciliation and tracking; booking of donor gifts and information. Additionally the Business Manager assists in budget preparation, review and tracking. The Business Manager coordinates budget and expenses with Director of Family Shelter. And assist in invoicing of DHS as needed. Report to Finance Manager/Controller. This is a part-time position of 21-24 hours weekly. The Business Manager will work primarily fromthe Bronx office.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- 26 week payroll cycle and payroll related documentation;
- Receivables and payables with eye to effective cash flow management; oversight of petty cash and script reconciliation;
- provide reports to Executive Director and Administrative team on financials prepare invoices for billables and review documentation for accuracy
- Prepare baking deposits and reconcile accounts;
- Maintain accurate and well ordered financial records and files
- Manage donor records to ensure accuracy
- Generate Donor acknowledgements
- Support financial detail for grant applications and required reporting
- Willingness to work in non-profit environment and a team player
- Experience with payroll and A/P activity
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Current in standard accounting practices
- Accrual and cash accounting
- Payroll management system – Paychex preferred.
- Quickbooks/computer checking
- Online banking
How to apply
How to apply
We are looking for high achieving team members that are a good fit for our organization. The process below is designed to help us, and each candidate, assess the potential value of working with Nazareth Housing in this position.
Please submit the following via email only to: email@example.com– put TFR Business Manager in the subject line. A cover letter explaining your interest in the position and how you see your self contributing to our mission.
A current resume or CV
Three references with email addresses. This expedites the assessment process for those who will be offered an interview. References will receive and email reference form to complete.
Qualifying candidates will receive an initial phone interview.
Qualifying and screened applicants will receive a personal interview with the Finance Manager/Controller and the executive Director.
Those who reach the interview stage will be asked to complete a Big 5 assessment on line prior to the interview.http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/
Finalists will be asked to spend one hour working on a project to measure work product quality and ability.
Please note the salary range. Please only apply if you are able to work with us within this range.
We are unable to consider candidates that FAX or mail resumes.
519 East 11th Street, New York, NY, 10009, US