Who We Are
DataDyne is a leading social enterprise focused on innovative data collection and mobile messaging technology across sectors in international development and commercial markets. We have a unique model that provides free services to most of our users, subsidized by paid subscriptions from organizations collecting and messaging data in high volumes. We are wildly excited by the potential of our model to empower those who need data and messaging for their programs and activities, not just those with deep pockets.
Who We Are Looking For
We seek a Business Development Representative to help us grow our customer base and expand the reach of our award winning software. The right person will bring a blend of sales, business development, and strategic customer service skills to support the DataDyne principals at every stage of the client development cycle.
DataDyne is not funded by philanthropy, and is not looking for someone whose main experience is in raising funds from philanthropic sources.
The ideal Business Development person understands the challenges of international markets and can identify organizations that will greatly benefit from using our mobile data collection and messaging software. S/he will be capable of true “solution selling,” identifying and honestly communicating the benefits of our software for each client situation. S/he is able to expand DataDyne’s reach into new organizations, as well as expanding penetration into existing user organizations.
The ideal candidate has a demonstarted record of identifying new business opportunities, successfully signing new customers, and expanding relationships with existing ones – and is as excited as we are by the potential for technology to further the goals of international development and global health.
- Impact the profitability of the company through ensuring strategic and tactical management decisions and new business development results
- Competitor and market analysis
- Close new business deals, and develop contracts
- Identify and evaluate potential business opporunities
- Develop proposals based on meetings and discussions
- Develop and expand relationships with partner organizations
- Track and manage leads, opportunities and deals with relevant tools
- Support and conduct marketing activites, including trading shows/conferences, mailings, etc.
- Provide regular updates to management
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in business side of international development and commerical sector
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, relevant graduate degree a plus
- Previous experience with the sales process, including knowledge of lead generation, target identification, tracking, and follow-through
- Ability to work independently, as we operate via a virtual office
- Strong business analysis skills and ability to quickly understand and analyze business processes and flows
- Strong negotiating and closing skills
- Solid understanding of the mobile technology products and markets
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and design solutions
- High degree of drive and determination in pursuit of new business
- Strong communications skills: written oral, email and in presentation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable with learning about and using new technologies, and will potential travel to emerging markets
- Enthusiasm for DataDyne’s mission, products, and business model
- Sense of humor (non-negotiable)
Compensation: Base salary, plus commission
Hours for this position are negotiable. This position is based in Washington DC.
More About DataDyne
DataDyne is a leading social enterprise, founded in 2003, pioneering the use of mobile and web technologies for data collection, monitoring and evaluation, as well as for communications and education. Its core business consists of disruptive innovation in international development, and cross commercial sectors using web and mobile technologies. DataDyne’s Magpi mobile data collection system is the most widely used such system in the development sector, with more than 26,000 users in more than 170 countries. DataDyne’s customers are a “who’s who” of international development and now commerical sector clients that include the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent, UNICEF, World Bank, WHO, Abt Associates, JSI, MSH, USAID, ministries of health and many others.
How to apply
To apply: Please email resume and cover letter to Rose Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject Business Development Representative position.
1804 Vernon St NW, Washington, DC, 20009, US