Forcier Consulting is a dynamic, research consultancy firm operating in South Sudan since 2009. Our core services include research, capacity building training and strategic planning for UN Agencies, NGOs, governments and private sector clients operating in post-conflict contexts and challenging environments. Forcier currently has offices in South Sudan, Somalia, Kenya, and Egypt.
Forcier Consulting is seeking a Business Development Officer to work on preparing proposals for in projects areas ranging from health, education, media, migration & livelihoods sectors. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Business Development Officer will report to the Managing Director and will be responsible for preparing research projects and managing data collection. In particular, the responsibilities of the Business Development Officer are to:
- Draft, with support from the Business Development Officer, proposals for projects in Forcier's countries of operation;
- Assist the Business Development Officer in developing/improving new and existing Biz. Dev. resources (templates, CV database, capacity statements);
- Work with the Business Development Officer to improve Biz. Dev. work processes (from identification of "requests for proposals" to bid submission);
- Update current project tracking to aid in future bids;
- Help map Forcier Consulting's unique selling points/competitive advantage in each office/country of operation;
- Assist with editing of relevant Biz. Dev. documents;
- Provide support and capacity building for other Forcier Consulting staff; and;
- Other tasks as agreed between the Business Development Officer and the Managing Director.
- First level university degree (B.A., etc.) or ongoing studies with relevant work experience is required.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural office setting.
- Experience living or working in a developing country.
- Ability to pro-actively prioritize effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Wilingness to problem-solve independently.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
(These skills are preferred but not required.)
- Familiarity with qualitative or quantitative research methods.
- Experience living or working in Africa.
- Training in Business Development.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please send:
- A letter of interest which includes your dates of availability
- CV which details all relevant experience
- Writing sample (preferably research-related)
- Names and contact information for three references
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Cairo, Al Qāhirah, Egypt