Seedco is seeking highly motivated & qualified candidates for a full-time Director of Business Development to lead job development and employer account management activities for Seedco’s Workforce Development programs in our Mid-South Regional Office. This position will be responsible for building and sustaining relationships with local & regional businesses across a variety of industry sectors by facilitating access to an array of no-fee staffing services for our structured network of community based organizations. This position is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, goal-oriented sales professional who is also interested in economic and community development.
Primary Job Functions:
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the network-wide cultivation of business accounts that will result in achieving and/or exceeding contract performance targets;
- Implementing effective jobseeker screening processes to provide valuable services to employers;
- Build the capacity of a diverse team of sales and fulfillment staff at Seedco and our partner organizations to provide high quality business development and account management services;
- Train the team to learn the specific nuances of each employer’s staffing needs and work with them to effectively screen and prepare participants for open job opportunities;
- Support the implementation of a new business development strategy to increase and improve Seedco’s Community Based Network’s image in the business community;
- Advise Seedco’s program managers on the design and implementation of job readiness training activities that will effectively prepare program participants to compete in the Shelby County labor market;
- Coordinate career fairs with participation from the CBO network;
- Oversee compliance with administrative responsibilities including tracking job orders, referrals, interviews, placements, and retention status; and
- Other and all related tasks and special projects as necessary and required.
Program Manager (Direct report ; 1), Program Associate (Direct Report -1), Program Assistant (Indirect Reports -2)
Interacts with: CBO Network Staff, Local & Regional Employers, Local & State Government Agencies, Private Foundations
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience required
- At least 2-4 years of relevant experience in the field of workforce development, staffing, or other relevant sales and non-profit experience required;
- Excellent presentation and sales skills required;
- Must have the ability to build strong relationships with employers, HR departments and hiring managers by listening to their needs and providing appropriate candidates;
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal, time-management and communications skills required;
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually;
- Excellent computer skills and proven facility with data management, process flow, spreadsheet and database tracking systems;
- Must possess strong leadership qualities;
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and performance-based government contracts.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
How to apply
Applicants should send a resume and a brief cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Business Development Director (REF#14-002). Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
22 North Front Street, Memphis, TN, 38103, US