Outstanding opportunity with an excellent, women’s healthcare non-profit!
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists is a not-for-profit membership organization supporting over 58,000 members/physicians across the country since 1951. As the experts in women’s health we provide a wide range of services for the nation’s leading group of professionals. Located in S.W. Washington, DC, we provide a positive, supportive work environment, excellent benefits and so much more! To learn more about our organization, please visit our Website at www.acog.org!
We are looking for an IT Business Analyst/Project Manager will be responsible for translating organizational technology needs into process steps (workflows) and project deliverables, managing the portfolio of projects for the Information Technology department and for leading key technology initiatives from project intake to solutions delivery.
- Facilitate requirements gathering discussions (including documentation of current & future business processes) to capture, translate, analyze and summarize information presented by the participants into requirements utilizing Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Visio.
- Quantify and prioritize potential and new initiatives based upon expected business impact and create various scope options dependent on priorities and cost/benefit expectations.
- Analyze complex problems and create innovative solutions by applying analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Assist in the development, management and continuous improvement of business analysis and project management processes & templates.
- Manage the collection, analysis, validation, and documentation of business needs and requirements.
- Develop and maintain solid understanding of core technologies in use at ACOG and research new technologies that could be leveraged to address organizational needs.
- Participate in the definition of acceptance criteria and quality metrics to help drive adoption.
- Proactively identify technology business needs as they relate to new implementations as well as enhancements to current services.
- Facilitate the design of integrated solutions (process, technical & organizational).
- Manage portfolio of Information Technology projects, initiating regular reviews with technology team members and providing updates to key stakeholders.
- Drive projects to completion (deployment, training, documentation, support, usage analysis) while working within the constraints and timeline of the business.
- Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules, ensuring that milestones are being met and obstacles/issues are identified to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Work with Information Technology team members to develop plans/schedules/deliverables to meet targeted delivery dates for each solution.
- Identify and escalate issues and risks early to minimize impact to the overall project schedule.
- Communicate with business SMEs to ensure expectations are kept in line with project objectives & status.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Information Technology, or Human Resources related field or an equivalent combination of education & experience. BA or PM certification strongly desired.
- 5+ years of information systems experience with at least 2 years of experience directly related to business analysis and/or facilitating technology implementation.
- Proficiency in requirements definition with a sound technical background and the ability to quickly adapt to changing technology.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio. Microsoft Project Management experience/knowledge preferred
- Ability to take direction and work independently, or as part of a team, on assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated history of superior communication skills, verbal and written, with diverse personalities and technical competency.
- Experience, and commitment to, providing exceptional customer service.
- Self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law. The American College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, who participates in EVerify.
Please submit your cover letter and resume directly to our recruiter through the following site:
IMPORTANT NOTE: The application system does not provide a specific place for you to upload/input your cover letter. Please remember to upload/paste your cover letter AND resume as one document.
409 12th St, SW, Washington, DC, 20024, US