JF&CS Services for Adults with Disabilitiesare grounded in the belief that all people with disabilities should live with dignity in the community and enjoy the rights afforded their peers regardless of their differences. JF&CS is committed to providing services for people with disabilities and their families that reflect the values of individual autonomy, community inclusion, and care continuity. JF&CS is non-sectarian, and welcomes staff and clients from all faith tradition.
JF&CS In-Home Behavioral Services (IHBS) program is seeking a Behavior Management Therapist that has strong leadership, takes initiative, values working collaboratively with family and consultants, and enjoys learning new ideas and trying different approaches. The IHBS program provides comprehensive intervention to children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other emotional/behavioral disabilities. The behavior therapist will work with the behavior management monitor to implement interventions to help children improve their behavior at home by enhancing communication skills and teaching strategies for self regulation.
This In-Home Behavioral Treatment Program is focused on providing children and their families with two distinct services: Behavior Management Therapy and Behavior Management Monitoring. These services are offered in the community, primarily in the client’s residence, and collaboratively by a team of two professionals consisting of a Child & Family Behavior Management Therapist and a Behavior Management Monitor.
JF&CS would like applicants with their BCBA.
This position has part time and full time opportunities, Monday-Friday. Some weekends required.
Essential Job Functions:
• Development of a focused behavior management treatment plan that identifies specific behavioral and measurable objectives or performance goals and interventions (e.g., skills training, reinforcement systems, removal of triggering stimuli, graduated exposure to triggering stimuli, etc.), that are designed to diminish, extinguish, or improve specific behaviors related to a youth’s mental health condition(s)
• Documented observations of the youth in the home and community
• Structured interviews with the youth, family, and any identified collaterals about his/her behavior(s)
• Completion of a written functional behavioral assessment
• Development of specific behavioral objectives and interventions that are incorporated into the youth’s new or existing risk management/safety plan.
• Provide ongoing coaching and support around the implementation of a behavior management treatment plan, including modeling and coaching for caregivers.
• Work closely with the behavior management monitor to ensure the behavior management plans and risk management/safety plan are implemented as developed, and to make any necessary adjustments to the plan.
• After being trained by JF&CS, utilize ETO database on a regular/daily basis to report detailed results related to implementation of specific interventions on the treatment plan to your supervisor.
• Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) licensure;OREnrolled in a behavior analyst training program and eligible for certification within nine months
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)
• Spanish speaking preferred.
How to apply
To apply for employment opportunities, please reply to this ad and/or send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
Jewish Family & Children’s Service
1430 Main Street
Waltham, MA 02451
Attn: Human Resources
We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*PLEASE PUT THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR MESSAGE*
1430 Main Street, Waltham, MA, 02451, US
175 Andover Street, Suite 203, Danvers, MA, 01923, US