CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE in St. Louis, MO
Blueprint Fellows play an integral role in heightening student achievement in schools across the country. On a daily basis, Fellows build individualized lessons and plan activities that help to fill in academic gaps students may have to strengthen academic performance inside the classroom. During the course of the year, Fellows are building strong relationships that help to increase each student’s self-confidence in and commitment to his/her education, helping to foster a positive future for each student.
While teachers have classrooms of 25 or 30 students, Fellows manage no more than 4 students at a time. This allows for the individualization of remedial and supplemental instruction. Fellows are charged with focusing on the individual needs of their students, helping to bolster and accelerate student achievement while helping to close any skill gaps that may exist.
Currently there are opportunities available to work in St. Louis, MO, Denver, CO, and Boston, MA. Now accepting applications.
Fellows have a variety of responsibilities that allow them to be an integral piece of their student’s educational experience. Fellow responsibilities typically fall into one of the following categories: Instruction, Planning, Communication & Feedback, and Compliance. Examples of duties that Fellows have that fall into these categories include:
- Carry out all the responsibilities of an academic tutor and ensure that students are constantly learning and being challenged.
- Observe, monitor, and assess students’ performance on a regular basis and record data to track student performance.
- Assist students in setting and reaching academic goals.
- Modify instruction based on student assessment results.
- Present subject matter to students using a variety of research-based instructional strategies centered on students’ individual needs.
- Work alongside school staff to broaden the academic and instructional resources available to students.
- Prepare instructional activities that aid in mastering specific academic skills, including subject matter content and state-mandated and end-of-course assessments.
- Collaborate with appropriate classroom teachers, department administration and Fellow Coordinator to ensure that each student is on track with their classroom materials and instruction.
Communication & Feedback:
- Reach out to a student’s family at least once every two weeks to update the family on the student’s academic progress in tutorial.
- Develop a frequent and consistent line of communication between the student’s family and the school regarding a student’s academic status.
- Actively participate in professional development activities necessary to successfully carry out job-related duties.
- Maintain confidentiality of student information as required by law and district policies.
- Enforce school/district behavior rules and policies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Being a Fellow is an intense but rewarding experience. It’s important that each Blueprint Fellow understands the urgency and rigor needed to help each and every student succeed in school. The following is what we are looking for from each and every one of our Fellows.
- Willingness to be a team-player with a strong sense of personal accountability and strong communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to be flexible and deal with a certain amount of unpredictability.
- The ability and willingness to go above and beyond to help support student achievement.
- Associates degree or higher required.
- Experience working with adolescents or related field preferred.
- Experience tutoring or mentoring youth is preferred.
Salary and Benefits Blueprint Fellows are not employed by Blueprint Schools Network. The salary for a Fellow position is $20,000-$21,000 per school year depending on site location. Depending on start date,salary may be pro-rated. The Fellow position includes a benefits package.
How to apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website,http://blueprintschools.org/blueprint-fellows-program.php to learn more about the program and access the application.
After submitting an application, candidates will be invited to take our online assessment, which is due by the deadlines outlined on our website.
Blueprint Schools Network and all applicable school districts are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.