Cherokee Services Group - an on-site government contractor at the
U.S.Geological Survey, Fort Collins Science Center (FORT), is seeking a
full-time Biologist III.
The FORT is seeking an individual with experience with statistical analysis
of plant community data, design and implementation of greenhouse xperiments,
and preparation of manuscripts to report study results. The research team
that will include the Biologist III is focused on understanding factors
driving vegetation responses to biological control of Tamarix in western
riparian ecosystems, and using this knowledge to develop recommendations for
riparian restoration. The successful candidate will perform the following
- Assist with management and analysis of existing datasets collected from
biological control monitoring sites in Utah, Arizona, and Nevada;
- Lead the implementation, management, and maintenance of greenhouse
experiments designed to assess the effects of different soil and litter
treatments on native and non-native plants likely to colonize riparian sites
following Tamarix die back;
- Lead data analysis and manuscript preparation associated with greenhouse
- Assist with preparation of other manuscripts.
- Assist with field data collection at study sites in Utah, Arizona, and
- Assist with development of new studies.
Individuals with a Master’s degree in Biology, or a related discipline, and
at least two years of relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates please send letter of interest and resume with four
references to: Rick Sabo, firstname.lastname@example.org, Cherokee Services Group, 2150
Centre Avenue Bldg C, Ft. Collins, CO 80526; FAX 970-226-9455; EOE M/F/D/V