JOB ANNOUNCEMENT- (Preschool Center Director)
Acelero Learning is seeking talented, driven educators who share our commitment and passion for joyful learning that is aimed at producing graduates who enter kindergarten on par with their middle income peers. If you share our mission and if what inspires you when you wake up in the morning is the opportunity to positively change a child and family’s future, Acelero Learning is certainly the place for you!
About Acelero Learning Camden/Philadelphia County:
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
Acelero Learning is an established Head Start program serving more than 4,000 children and families in 4 states. We also work to expand our impact by providing training and technical assistance resources and opportunities to other Head Start programs around the country.
We know all children can achieve at their highest potential. Our mission and philosophies are influenced by what we know is best for children and families and confirmed by research. We implement practices that have been proven to effectively ensure families’ success and prepare children for kindergarten. You should expect a lot from us, because we expect a lot from you.
About this role:
We are looking for people who exemplify our values of: Follow-through, Data-driven Decision-making, Proactive Problem-Solving, Open Communication, and Teamwork.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The School Education Lead (Center Director) serves as the educational lead for one or more centers in the Head Start program, with responsibilities including the following:
- Ensure full implementation of all aspects of Acelero Learning’s early learning system, policies/procedures and tools, with the goal of supporting all children to achieve School Readiness Goals.
- Supervise all teaching staff (teachers, assistant teachers, floaters, substitutes and extended day.)
- Provide ongoing coaching to teaching staff to support them in successfully fulfilling all aspects of their role, including but not limited to effective practices in the following:
- CLASSâ„¢ Teacher-Child Interactions
- Learning Environments
- Child Assessment
- Meeting All Children’s Needs
- Working with Families
- Professional Growth and Collaboration
- Work with teachers to implement program curriculum with fidelity.
- Work with teachers to implement child assessment system reliably, including understanding child outcomes data and using them to plan and individualize.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Previous experience teaching in an early childhood setting; experience with supervision, management or coaching preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required
- Experience with inclusion of children with disabilities preferred
- Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen
- Able to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed.
- Obtain certification in CPR and First Aid.
What you can expect from us:
Comprehensive Benefits Acelero Learning is committed to providing the most comprehensive benefits in the industry, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health Plans
- Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings
- Paid Time-Off (4 weeks during first year of employment)
- Flexible Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Formal Training Days
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellness Programs
Extensive Professional Training & Development At Acelero Learning, we invest in our employees through on-going training and development, including:
- Acelero University (classroom courses/virtual workshops in early childhood education and program management)
- Customized center based training
- Leadership coaching and development
- Employee award, appreciation and recognition programs
This position is full time, year round and the salary is approximately $40,000 – $45,000 per year based on qualifications and responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acelero.net/jobs and please select the Camden/Philadelphia program. Thank you!