BCFS is a global health and human services non-profit organization with locations and programs in the United States as well as Eastern Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia and Africa. The organization is a national leader in medical sheltering and emergency management and response, providing critical emergency support services to federal, state and local governments. BCFS also provides residential services and emergency shelters for children who are abused or neglected, assisted living services and vocational training for adults with developmental disabilities, mental health services for children and families, foster care and adoption services, health services, transitional living services for at-risk youth and those in the juvenile justice system, residential camping and retreats for children and families, and international humanitarian aid for children living in impoverished conditions in developing countries.
Post Release Case Manager
Full Time, Exempt
Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral sciences, human services, or social services fields and progressive employment experience in the aforementioned fields that demonstrates case management experience.
- Professional license in behavioral sciences, human services, or social services, strongly preferred
- Child welfare experience, strongly preferred
- Experience working with immigrant populations, strongly preferred
Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in Spanish and English languages, required.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, as well as, organizational and planning skills
- Possess sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socio-economic characteristics
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work independently, and available to work evenings and weekends
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, current driver’s insurance and have an excellent driving record
- Must have reliable vehicle for transporting clients and for conducting home visits
Critical Action Items & Measurable Deliverables
- Coordinate all referrals, service planning, and client documentation for assigned caseload
- Serve as the liaison with stakeholders including legal providers and Immigration court
- Participate in weekly supervision with Regional Director and/or Lead Case Manager
- Participate in workshops, seminars, education programs and other activities that promote professional growth and development
- Driving and travel required 75% of the time.
- Complete home visits to meet with sponsor and children served.
- Maintain a full caseload, complete with ongoing individual service plans
- Maintain regular contact with clients through phone calls and home visits
- Prepare, compile, and submit accurate case files
- Continually assess ongoing changes in behavior, circumstances, or conditions that may affect child safety
- In consultation with his/her supervisor, make decisions affecting the safety and permanency of the child
- Engaging and involving the client and the sponsor in the casework process
- Demonstrating client progress toward risk reduction, achievement of treatment goals and positive case outcomes
- Maintain accurate records, files, forms, statistics and additional relevant information in accord with agency policy, licensing, and/or funding requirements
- Conduct Home Study assessments on an as-needed basis
- Complete weekly case staffing with case managers, case aides, and contracted staff in his/her assigned region
- Member of IMT. Attends all mandated trainings for IMT and reports for active duty when required.
- Other job duties as assigned
BCFS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to apply
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST APPLY AT www.DiscoverBCFS.net IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.