Latino Economic Development Center
The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a non-profit, tax-exempt community development organization founded in 1991. LEDC’s mission is to drive the economic and social advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other D.C. area residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. We achieve our mission through small business development and lending, homeownership counseling and affordable housing preservation.
Housing Counseling Program
LEDC is a HUD-certified housing counseling agency that helps families in the DC area to buy their first home and save their homes from foreclosure. LEDC accomplishes these goals by administering DC’s first-time homebuyer program (HPAP), providing financial capability and credit education and counseling, providing foreclosure counseling and technical assistance.
LEDC seeking a highly qualified Housing Counselor to provide comprehensive housing counseling services and market the housing counseling programs. The Housing Counselor will provide group training and direct housing counseling to LEDC clients around home purchase, financial capability and foreclosure prevention. The counselor will be responsible for the following:
– Provide housing counseling to support clients in meeting their housing goals including budgeting, establishing or improving credit, pre-purchase and post-purchase education.
– Conduct group workshops and presentations on home purchase, foreclosure prevention and financial capability.
– Analyze and discuss clients financial capacity to buy a home and create financial action plans with clients.
– Provide technical assistance related to housing counseling such as submitting and tracking paperwork for first-time homebuyer programs or foreclosure prevention.
– Conduct community outreach for housing counseling services
– Document and track data related to housing counseling services utilizing Counselor Max and other applicable tools.
– Assist in completion of reports for assigned programs in a timely and efficient manner.
– Participate in District housing counseling and foreclosure prevention efforts.
– Attend trainings as needed for continuing education as a Certified Housing Counselor
– LEDC has a strong preference for an experienced, certified housing counselor
– Energetic and detail oriented team player with a deep commitment to high quality housing counseling and service delivery;
– At least two years of previous housing counseling experience;
– Ability to work well with others, be a good listener, think creatively;
– Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as CounselorMax or another database platform;
– Flexible work schedule, including ability to work some nights and Saturdays; and
– Bilingual in Spanish and English.
This is a full-time, 40 hour / week position that requires some Saturday hours.
To learn more about LEDC visit www.ledcmetro.org.
How to apply
LEDC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer; women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Farah Fossé at FFosse@ledcmetro.org. No phone calls please.
2316 18th Street, NW, Washington, DC, 20009, US